Re: [SotecNotebook] CDRW/DVDROM keeps on opening

  • Clubbyjack
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 21, 2002
      I've taken mine back and forth to work several times and never had the drive pop out.  You must have something pressing on the button inadvertently.
      Message 33 of 33 , Apr 12, 2004
        Fans have known issues. It is a hardware issue and if you're feeling
        confident, you can void the warranty and fix it yourself. The fix is
        proven and relatively easy. You will need a Dremel grinding tool
        though.
        Basically the bolts situated near the fan that with time will rub the
        fan. Grinding them down a bit does no harm and maintains the life of
        the fan and solves the problem.
        We have many Sotecs in the office, but one has already gone too far
        before applying the fix.
        If anyone has replacement information for me other than
        Sotec/Averatec support, I would appreciate it.
        lancecraft@...

        --- In Sotec_Averatec_Notebook@yahoogroups.com, "Dmitry <zzz1@c...>"