Re: 820P

  • Dmitry <mite0rite@yahoo.ca>
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 21, 2002
      Hey Pavlos.

      Check out the following link http://groups.google.ca/groups?
      q=sotec&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
      8&scoring=d&selm=15876.1067.358318.372755%
      40sonny.eddelbuettel.com&rnum=4

      To summarize: Debian seems to be running fine, something called
      Knopix ( no idea, a distro fo some sort i guess) is fine.

      On the other hand people here:
      http://www.leog.net/fujp_forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1282

      seem to think that there's a problem with the video chipset.
      I'm planning to install linux eventualy, it's just a matter of
      (free) time for me..

      -D

      --- In SotecNotebook@yahoogroups.com, "Pavlos <kairis@c...>"
      <kairis@c...> wrote:
      > Hi everyone. Just joined the group invited by Glenn.
      >
      > I'm thinking of buying the 820P (walmart has a good price) and
      would
      > be interested to find out quality of the laptop, screen, keyboard
      and
      > overall operation/performance and tech.support.
      >
      > Does lack of [PS/2, floppy, // port] hinders you ? And finally has
      > anyone put linux on the 820P or am I going to be the first one :)
      >
      > Thanks all and have a great holiday!
      >
      > Paul
    • Paul Kairis
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 22, 2002
        Dmitry

        Thanks for the links!

        The 820P has the Sis650 chipset and newer versions of Xfree86
        support that chip. As always, Debian comes to the rescue :)

        Walmart sells the 820P for $1098 and Sotec has a mfg. coupon
        for $100 off. It starts to look like a pretty good deal.

        Happy Holidays.