upgrading video card on a sotec 3120x?

  • dx31m
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 22, 2008
      was wondering if anyone has been able to do this and if not, how would
      i be able to find out if its possible. any help would be
      appreciated...thanks!
    • Gregory A Stewart
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 23, 2008
        You can't... the video processing is on the motherboard. There is no separate video card (this is true of most laptops).

        Greg in Mississippi

        was wondering if anyone has been able to do this and if not, how would
        i be able to find out if its possible. any help would be
        appreciated. ..thanks!

        -- This message has been checked by ESVA and is believed to be clean.
      • Chris Kaufman
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 23, 2008
          Although you can't upgrade the video card, I believe in the bios you can adjust the RAM set aside for video from 8M to 16M or 32M. Without looking I can't say for sure. It's not the same as upgrading your video, but might help depending on what your needs are.

          Good Luck!
          Chris

          upgrading video card on a sotec 3120x?

          Posted by: "dx31m" dax31m@... dx31m
          Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:55 am (PDT)

          was wondering if anyone has been able to do this and if not, how would
          i be able to find out if its possible. any help would be
          appreciated. ..thanks!

          Be a better friend, newshound, and
        • Charles
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 23, 2008
            Has anyone succeeded in runing Second Life on their Sotec?

            Although you can't upgrade the video card, I believe in the bios you can adjust the RAM set aside for video from 8M to 16M or 32M. Without looking I can't say for sure. It's not the same as upgrading your video, but might help depending on what your needs are.

            Good Luck!
            Chris

            upgrading video card on a sotec 3120x?

            Posted by: "dx31m" dax31m@yahoo. com dx31m