Re: Sotec 3120x Hard drive interface Question

  • backporchrock
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2007
      I have a 3120X manufactured 11/2002, factory ID 1.

      About a month ago I put a Hitatchi 100GB 7200/8MB Mobile PATA HD drive
      in it, Tiger Direct part number H450-r042 BM and it has worked
      perfectly thus far. No fit problems. I had a running 20GB drive
      already, so I cloned it with XXCLone, and that actually worked
      perfectly too.

      I tried to make the clone process run fact with a Zonet 2 port 2.0 USB
      card, and putting the new drive in an Ultra USB external case. I thin
      k that did work for cloning, but it wouldn't boot off that external
      2.0 USB. the Zonet card did function fine for doing high-speed USB
      transfers.

      --- In Sotec_Averatec_Notebook@yahoogroups.com, "gotomatosgo"
      <gotomatosgo@...> wrote:

      > Hey guys, the original hard drive in my Sotec just failed on me. I
      > tried everything to restart it; Freezer, banging... screaming, all of
      > which did not work(The Screaming almost did though...). From some
      > research I found that the Hard drive (Fujitsu Model: MHR2020AT) uses
      > the ATA 100 interface. My question is if I have to get a replacement
      > hard drive that uses ATA 100......can I get one that uses ATA-6? I had
      > a lot of problems finding a larger hard drive using the ATA 100
      > interface. Oh, and is it possible to upgrade those usb ports to USB
      > 2.0(I noticed a little plug)?
      >
      > Thank YOU,
      > Mike

    • Chris
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2008
        I put the folowing in froogle.com, "2.5 HDD ata 100" and I got back
        almost 500 hits. I don't think you should have any problem finding a
        drive.

        -Chris

        --- In Sotec_Averatec_Notebook@yahoogroups.com, "backporchrock"