Re: 3250 fan issues

  • gargrizz
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 20, 2007
      Mine is actually 3250, not 3270.

      I got brave this morning & took the fan unit out. It had a bunch of
      lint in it. I blew it out & put it back in. No fan error message now!
      I am going to replace the thermal compound, also. Hopefully it will be
      okay. But I am not real optimistic since, like you said, they have a
      lot of fan issues.

      I have used this laptop a lot & my only complaint is the video card
      will not play one of the games I like.

      Thanks for replying, David. Good Luck with yours.

      gg
    • Connie Klausner
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 20, 2007

        I have been getting that message on my Sotec on & off for over a year & it still keeps booting up … I just hit the F1 and let it continue.  I guess what I’m trying to say … is that I wouldn’t be overly concerned … Mine is still working years later !!

        Later,

        Connie   Smile!

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 20, 2007
          Connie - I did that for over a year myself, however one night it didn't go to sleep as usual, overheated the processor (you could smell it) and that in-turn corrupted the hard drive.  Just be sure you are with it when running at all times and verify it sleeps/shuts down when you expect it to.

          FWIW,
          David

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 21, 2007

            David,

            Thanks for the “Heads Up”  … I will take your advice … My Sotec does get extremely hot !!

            Later,

            Connie   Smile!