Averatec 2260 Loss of Audio

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2007
      I have my 2260 about a year and a half and it worked just fine until a
      few days ago. I no longer get audio at all, including thru earphones.
      The volume is cranked to max and nothing else seems to be amiss.
      Anyone else experience this and/or have a solution?

      Ken
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 7, 2007
        I would double check to make sure that volume isn't muted and proper
        device driver is selected.

        In control panel, click on "Sounds and Audio Devices" and look through
        all the tabse to make sure that you have a sound device selected and
        that volume is muted.

        If every thing looks okay, then I'd think about trying to reload your
        device drivers.

        It's possible, I suppose, that you have had a hardware failure, but it
        is more likely that something you ran or installed recently messed up
        the software settings.

        You might also check for any device address conflicts. Control Panel >
        System > Hardware Tab > Device Manager.

        Good Luck!
        Chris
        --- In Sotec_Averatec_Notebook@yahoogroups.com, "Ken" <klandau01@...>
        wrote:

        > I have my 2260 about a year and a half and it worked just fine until a
        > few days ago. I no longer get audio at all, including thru earphones.
        > The volume is cranked to max and nothing else seems to be amiss.
        > Anyone else experience this and/or have a solution?
        >
        > Ken

      • Connie Klausner
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 7, 2007
          Also ... When this happened to me I did a system restore from within windows XP (under programs, accessories, and system tools) which worked great and I got my volume back, plus I didn't lose any data !!
          Later,

          Connie   Smile!

          Hail Mary Full of Grace ... Rainbow

          wrote:

          > I have my 2260 about a year and a half and it worked just fine until a
          > few days ago. I no longer get audio at all, including thru earphones.
          > The volume is cranked to max and nothing else seems to be amiss.
          > Anyone else experience this and/or have a solution?
          >
          > Ken

          We recently installed the spam filter from Abaca. It's over 99% accurate. Check it out

        • Ken
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 9, 2007
            Thanks Chris, I rolled back the driver and it worked. Thanks for your
            advice.

            Ken