new member: Averatec AV1020

  • D. Hugh Redelmeier
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2006
      I just bought an Averatec AV1020 and hope to run Linux on it.

      I haven't seem the any mention of the AV1000 family on this list.
      http://www.averatec.com/notebooks/1000series.htm

      First impressions: cute form factor; perhaps some corners have been
      cut. I suspect that the BIOS needs upgrading but Averatec's web site
      has none.

      I'm hoping to run Linux on it. I've installed Ubuntu 6.06
      successfully but not all is perfected. (Knoppix would not boot, but I
      did not try any tricks to work around the problem.)

      It seems that http://www.averatecforums.com/ is more active than this
      list.