Re: cracking screen housing

  • David
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 14 7:25 PM
      Finally, I have the bezel off. It was easy once I figured out just
      how the internal clips held it on. After seeing the hinges, and how
      everything works, I'm amazed it has lasted this long before
      breaking. I currently have it clamped to my table with the
      fiberglass drying. It is only a temporary fix, as there wasn't room
      to apply a heavy glass cloth. I had to use the lightest, thinnest
      cloth I had. As far as how to prevent it from breaking again when I
      get a new one, I have no clue. The plastic lid, and bezel ARE the
      support for the screen. The only solution I can think of, would
      prevent future access to the inside of the lid. It would be a thin
      strip of metal on the lower corners, that wrapped around both the
      inside and outside. Any one else have any thoughts?

      For those who need to remove the bezel, there are 4 screws, under the
      rubber pads on the face of the bezel. Once those are removed, the
      edges of the bezes have to come out and up to be released. I will be
      surprised if my "patch" holds during reinstall.

      David

      --- In Sotec_Averatec_Notebook@yahoogroups.com, <astrowolf67@...>
      wrote:

      > www.notebookparts.com has it listed. I've not contacted them yet
      to see if they have it in stock though.

      > David
      >
      > Nora Reed <nr33d@...> wrote:
      > I don't know. But where are you ordering one for $40
      bucks? Mine cracked as well.

      > David <astrowolf67@...> wrote: Does anyone know how to remove
      the plastic bezel from around the