Can we find a averatec/sotec 4265 restore CD anywhere

  • fastness2005
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2006
      As we know all averatec/sotec come with no XP CD. Can we make/find
      some restore disks? any clue? thanks
    • IraqiGeek
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2006
        On Tuesday, February 07, 2006 5:17 PM GMT,
        fastness2005 <godjesusheaven@...> wrote:

        > As we know all averatec/sotec come with no XP CD. Can we make/find
        > some restore disks? any clue? thanks

        Get a copy. You should already have the license sticker on the notebook,
        which makes it legal for you to get an XP CD. I believe you can find one
        pretty cheap on ebay. You can download all the drivers needed from the
        averatec website (or from VIA for the chipset, sound, lan, and graphics).

        Regards,
        IraqiGeek
        www.iraqigeek.com

        You can't get where you want to go if you don't know where you are.
      • Gregory A Stewart
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 7, 2006
          The issue is that the license key will likely not work with whatever media
          he can get... OEM keys don't work with retail disks, in my experience.

          Greg Stewart

          On Tuesday, February 07, 2006 5:17 PM GMT,
          fastness2005 <godjesusheaven@...> wrote:

          > As we know all averatec/sotec come with no XP CD. Can we make/find
          > some restore disks? any clue? thanks

          Get a copy. You should already have the license sticker on the notebook,
          which makes it legal for you to get an XP CD. I believe you can find one
          pretty cheap on ebay. You can download all the drivers needed from the
          averatec website (or from VIA for the chipset, sound, lan, and graphics).

          Regards,
          IraqiGeek
          www.iraqigeek.com

          You can't get where you want to go if you don't know where you are.

          Yahoo! Groups Links