1GB in a 3250

  • Mr M
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2005
      I read somewhere that the 3250 can only have a max of 512MB of RAM
      (which it what it comes with). Is that true? I would like to buy a
      stick of 1GB but I am not wanting to spend the money if it will not
      register with the laptop.

      Thanks
    • IraqiGeek
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2005
        >I read somewhere that the 3250 can only have a max of 512MB of RAM
        > (which it what it comes with). Is that true? I would like to buy a
        > stick of 1GB but I am not wanting to spend the money if it will not
        > register with the laptop.

        512MB is the maximum RAM Averatec ships with the 3250. The chipset on the
        3250 is the VIA KM400, which supports 2GB of RAM, but since the 3250 has
        only one SO-DIMM slot, it can have a max of 1GB on a single stick.

        Regards,
        IraqiGeek
        www.iraqigeek.com