3200 troubles?

  • cdj
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005
      I just got an Averatec 3200 series. I was alarmed to read an earlier
      post about lots of defects in this series. Can anyone who has one
      tell me how their experience has been? I have a little over a week to
      return it to Circuit City, so I'd love to get some feedback. I plan
      to put it thru its paces this weekend, burning DVDs and such. But I'm
      here at work now, and I notice the wireless connection drops once
      every few hours, which I don't hear people with other machines
      complain about.

      Thanks!

      Worried,
      Chris
    • IraqiGeek
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005
        here is a very active forum on the 3200 series, and on all averatec
        notebooks in general.
        http://www.averatecforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16

        IraqiGeek

        > I just got an Averatec 3200 series. I was alarmed to read an earlier
        > post about lots of defects in this series. Can anyone who has one
        > tell me how their experience has been? I have a little over a week to
        > return it to Circuit City, so I'd love to get some feedback. I plan
        > to put it thru its paces this weekend, burning DVDs and such. But I'm
        > here at work now, and I notice the wireless connection drops once
        > every few hours, which I don't hear people with other machines
        > complain about.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Worried,
        > Chris
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Moving Company
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005

          I wouldn't worry.  I have used mine since November 1. Purchased at Sam's club for $800.00 and have had no problems with it.   Great machine.   I purchased for $70.00 a three year warranty and thats my insurance on the unit.  My wifi works great if there is a good signal.

          >From: "cdj" <cdj4real@...> I just got an Averatec 3200 series.  I was alarmed to read an earlier
          post about lots of defects in this series.  Can anyone who has one
          tell me how their experience has been?  I have a little over a week to
          return it to Circuit City, so I'd love to get some feedback.  I plan
          to put it thru its paces this weekend, burning DVDs and such.  But I'm
          here at work now, and I notice the wireless connection drops once
          every few hours, which I don't hear people with other machines
          complain about.

          Thanks!

          Worried,
          Chris

        • Greg Stewart
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005
            My 3225 never drops the wireless connection and also has the longest range of any wireless I've worked with.

            OTOH, it just recently stopped charging the battery. Since I've opened it up to upgrade the HDD, I guess I'm on my own debugging this.

            Greg in Minneapolis