Re: unplugged and a loud fan

  • vm4scott
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
      There is a "Fan Learning" setting in the BIOS. I selected this when
      I first purchased the laptop. Seems to do the trick. There is also
      a "Battery Calibration" setting you might want to check out.

      Good Luck. Please post your results.

      --- In Sotec_Averatec_Notebook@yahoogroups.com, "crzie_mydget"
      <crzie_mydget@y...> wrote:

      > I posted a while back about considering to buy a 3225HS, and after
      > traffic violation making me $320 dollars poorer I actually ended
      up
      > with one. For the most part its been great except for the lack of
      XP
      > Pro and the loud fan. I don't seem to have much problems with it
      > while its plug in, but while roaming with it the fan is constantly
      > on. Is there some way i can fix this? I'm thinking theres a BIOS
      > setting for it but i dont want my comp melting down.
      > BTW, where can I possibly find a extra battery for it for cheap?
      >
      > Thanks a bunch!
    • Eby
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
        Can you please write the steps to do these two things (Fan Learning & Battery Calibration)? Thanks a million.

        <crzie_mydget@y...> wrote:

        > I posted a while back about considering to buy a 3225HS, and after
        > traffic violation making me $320 dollars poorer I actually ended
        up
        > with one. For the most part its been great except for the lack of
        XP
        > Pro and the loud fan. I don't seem to have much problems with it
        > while its plug in, but while roaming with it the fan is constantly
        > on. Is there some way i can fix this? I'm thinking theres a BIOS
        > setting for it but i dont want my comp melting down.
        > BTW, where can I possibly find a extra battery for it for cheap?
        >
        > Thanks a bunch!

      • Richard W. Solomon
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
          You can download the Users Manual from their website.
          There, all will be revealed to you.

          Richard

          <crzie_mydget@y...> wrote:

          > I posted a while back about considering to buy a 3225HS, and after
          > traffic violation making me $320 dollars poorer I actually ended
          up
          > with one. For the most part its been great except for the lack of
          XP
          > Pro and the loud fan. I don't seem to have much problems with it
          > while its plug in, but while roaming with it the fan is constantly
          > on. Is there some way i can fix this? I'm thinking theres a BIOS
          > setting for it but i dont want my comp melting down.
          > BTW, where can I possibly find a extra battery for it for cheap?
          >
          > Thanks a bunch!

        • crzie_mydget
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2, 2005
            Thanks a bunch the Fan Learning and the Battery Caliberation seemed
            to have done the trick! Now i think my battery is lasting a bit
            longer! And my laptop hasn't melted down either.
            As a word of warning to others, the Battery Caliberation takes a
            very long time ><