Re: Laptop shuts off on 1/2 battery.

  • nigel.clark2000@ntlworld.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 2, 2004
      Try this:

      The battery for the 3150 series available at:

      http://www.NextWarehouse.com

      Part No: SA84-634000-00

      Nigel
      --- In Sotec_Averatec_Notebook@yahoogroups.com, Bill Bowman
      <awcbillbow952003@y...> wrote:
      > Has anyone gotten response as to when, if or how to get a
      replacement battery from Averatec yet? Sent a mail to them last
      night requesting same information and got a message delay respnse
      from the server. What ever that means. Thanks for any info possible.

      > jamiejordan1 <jamiejordan1@y...> wrote:
      >
      > Recalibrating might work but I've never done that. I did have the
      shut
      > down problem but couldn't say what was left on the battery. I think
      > mine shut down because it got too hot. Now I make sure not to
      cover up
      > the vents on the bottom. But I also reinstalled WinXP due to
      another
      > problem I created and now the shut down hasn't happened since. I
      also
      > think the shut down happeded a couple of times because I picked up
      the
      > 3250 by the edge with one hand. I thought there might be a bad
      > connection but no worries after reinstalling WinXP. I'm just extra
      > protective now so maybe that has something to do with it.
      >
      > --- In Sotec_Averatec_Notebook@yahoogroups.com, <groups@d...>
      wrote:
      > > Hello Bill and Justin
      > >
      > > As for the battery issues your having. The battery calibration
      > might fix yours Justin I would at least try it. There is no option
      > for that on the 820 though Bill. It does sound like the batteries
      > could be/are bad. The warranty covers them for 6 months only.
      After
      > that you have to purchase them again(the batteries).
      > >
      > > As far as I know the company is only obligated to keep the parts
      in
      > stock for the alotted failure rate they have, at the time of
      release,
      > for the warranty period. After that I would say especially with a
      > company changing hands as Averatec/Sotec did. It would be hard to
      > enforce a law to make a company keep a product for that long after
      its
      > not sold anymore and that they didn't produce. Now if it was a big
      > company like Microsoft possibly but for a small company that seems
      > little unrealistic. Now if it was warrantied for 3 years then I
      can
      > see the 4 year thing. For something that is outdated after 2 years
      > and has been out of warranty completely for a year(in most cases).
      > >
      > > Though I am not an expert and I reserve the right to be wrong
      > >
      > > Derrick

      Mine

      (

      > > justiningenito <justiningenito@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > when the battery is halfway full, my averatec (3150p) shuts
      itself
      > > off. I tried setting the power management settings to
      5percent,
      > but no
      > > matter what i do..it shuts off halfway thru the battery
      running out.
      > > Any suggestions? Should i calibrate the battery? I never did
      > that b4.
      > > Thanks in advance

      > > http://mail.yahoo.com
      > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor