Re: [Sotec_Averatec_Notebook] Re: anyone upgrade the HD on a 3150p?

  • tripwire four
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2004
      The Hitachi Travelstar series should include a suitable 7200rpm drive. You will need to determine which model will fit your application. With regard to using your desktop to transfer drive data, you will be connecting the aforementioned adapter to a HDD ribbon cable and that to the HDD connector on the motherboard. You may need to make a bios adjustment on your desktop while the laptop HDD is connected. Should you elect to go this route, I would suggest you consult a knowledgeable friend or associate for assistance.

      Good luck,

      Chuck

      justiningenito <justiningenito@...> wrote:

      Thanks for the advice, guys. Any suggestions on the brand of hardrive
      to use? The specs I need?
      I appreciate the advice. (BTW what is the IDE bus?, are those the
      prongs in the back of the actual disk drive that connects to the
      computer?)

      //--- In Sotec_Averatec_Notebook@yahoogroups.com, tripwire four
      <tripwirefour@y...> wrote:
      > Upgrading to a 7200 rpm will provide more speed than any other
      single upgrade. Adpters are available that will let you hook your
      laptop drive to the IDE bus on your HDD (CompUSA) for image backup and
      transfer. It takes a little time and effort but works well. I make
      periodic images of my laptop this way.

      http://mail.yahoo.com