Re: 3200 WIFI Problem

  • CHRISTOPHER
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2004
      I am not sure why it isn't letting you enter enough digits. I think
      you need to enter 26 digits. I have WEP enabled on my router and I
      used shared key settings on my card. Try downloading the newest
      drivers and software from the netgear site. I am no longer using the
      Netgear card as I have bought a Proxim card. I have no problems with
      this card. I am recommending that people thinking about purchasing a
      Netgear WIFI card think twice. It has too many issues with
      configurations/software/drivers.

      --- In Sotec_Averatec_Notebook@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Schlinger"
      <robin22@c...> wrote:
      > I tried Hexadecimal, but I could not enter in enough charactersÂ…
      >

      > How does that work if the numbers are hex and you cannot enter
      enough of
      > them?
      >

      > _____

    • Robin Schlinger
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2004

        I was able to get it to work finally! I tried it again with HEX and it worked fine – once I used the Broadcom configuration. I tried in the native Windows mode and it would not work. I reconfigured my Netgear WIFI router for the more secure code and then reconfigured my WIFI on the Averatec 3225HS using the utility on Broadcom (after specifying NOT to use Windows) and it worked.

        Robin