Averatec 3225HS

  • Carol Chen
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
      Microcenter has the new Averatec 3225HS for sale

      $799.99 after rebates ($100 mfr + $150 microcenter)

      * AMD Mobile Athlon XP-M 2000+
      * 12.1" XGA TFT
      * 512MB DDR SDRAM
      * 40GB Ultra DMA HDD
      * Combo DVD/CD-RW drive
      * Built-in 54g Wireless LAN
      * 56k Modem + 10/100 LAN
      * Windows XP Home Edition
      * 4.2 lbs
      * 10.6" x 9.6" x 1"

      It has a faster processor than the 3150 series, with 802.11g instead
      of b. It's even a tad lighter and thinner than its predecessor.

      I believe the offer is only valid in stores (until 4/11/04).

      Pretty tempted to get one..
    • netprevost
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
        I just bought 3150HW and to be honnest after viewing the special at
        Microcenter I maybe would like to resell it for getting the 3225.
        Specially with the new video card allowing a shared memory of 64
        megs...I saw pictures: the activation switch for the wireless is now
        located near the on-off button, speakers are a little differents...but
        just for the CPU speed and the video card I think it's a good deal...

        I'm in Canada, so I can not get one from US but I'm thinking to go in
        Cambridge (MA) , it's the nearest place from Canada border...or if
        someone in US can arrange something with me...other things: in Canada
        I can not get the two rebates !!! ah sometimes I don't understand the
        'market rules'...but even if I can not get tge rebates , I will pay
        1049 $ US for having it...

        --- In Sotec_Averatec_Notebook@yahoogroups.com, "Carol Chen"
        <carolchen@p...> wrote:
        > Microcenter has the new Averatec 3225HS for sale
        >
        > $799.99 after rebates ($100 mfr + $150 microcenter)
        >
        > * AMD Mobile Athlon XP-M 2000+
        > * 12.1" XGA TFT
        > * 512MB DDR SDRAM
        > * 40GB Ultra DMA HDD
        > * Combo DVD/CD-RW drive
        > * Built-in 54g Wireless LAN
        > * 56k Modem + 10/100 LAN
        > * Windows XP Home Edition
        > * 4.2 lbs
        > * 10.6" x 9.6" x 1"
        >
        > It has a faster processor than the 3150 series, with 802.11g instead
        > of b. It's even a tad lighter and thinner than its predecessor.
        >
        > I believe the offer is only valid in stores (until 4/11/04).
        >
        > Pretty tempted to get one..
      • netprevost
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
          Hi All,

          If someone is interesting : I live near Montreal , Canada and I would
          like to buy the Averatec 3225HS but as in my previous email...no
          chance to have it here in Canada...

          If someone live not far away from the Canadian border, are you
          interesting in buying one for me...The Averatec is sold 800.00 $ US
          with rebates: I can pay 950.00 $ and you keep the rest of the
          rebates..

          I can pick-up it and pay you cash directly...

          If someone is interested, email-me :

          pinota (at) .hotmail.com

          Thanks in advance,

          Walt

          --- In Sotec_Averatec_Notebook@yahoogroups.com, "netprevost"
          <netprevost@y...> wrote:
          > I just bought 3150HW and to be honnest after viewing the special at
          > Microcenter I maybe would like to resell it for getting the 3225.
          > Specially with the new video card allowing a shared memory of 64
          > megs...I saw pictures: the activation switch for the wireless is now
          > located near the on-off button, speakers are a little
          differents...but
          > just for the CPU speed and the video card I think it's a good
          deal...

          > I'm in Canada, so I can not get one from US but I'm thinking to go
          in
          > Cambridge (MA) , it's the nearest place from Canada border...or if
          > someone in US can arrange something with me...other things: in
          Canada
          > I can not get the two rebates !!! ah sometimes I don't understand
          the
          > 'market rules'...but even if I can not get tge rebates , I will pay
          > 1049 $ US for having it...
          >

          > --- In Sotec_Averatec_Notebook@yahoogroups.com, "Carol Chen"
          > <carolchen@p...> wrote:
          > > Microcenter has the new Averatec 3225HS for sale
          > >
          > > $799.99 after rebates ($100 mfr + $150 microcenter)
          > >
          > > * AMD Mobile Athlon XP-M 2000+
          > > * 12.1" XGA TFT
          > > * 512MB DDR SDRAM
          > > * 40GB Ultra DMA HDD
          > > * Combo DVD/CD-RW drive
          > > * Built-in 54g Wireless LAN
          > > * 56k Modem + 10/100 LAN
          > > * Windows XP Home Edition
          > > * 4.2 lbs
          > > * 10.6" x 9.6" x 1"
          > >
          > > It has a faster processor than the 3150 series, with 802.11g
          instead
          > > of b. It's even a tad lighter and thinner than its predecessor.
          > >
          > > I believe the offer is only valid in stores (until 4/11/04).
          > >
          > > Pretty tempted to get one..
        • warp7speed
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
            Just MHO,
            From experience it is best to wait awhile, Let them get most of the
            bugs worked out on this new model before buying one of these.
            You may save yourself some headaches! Look at the fan problem on the
            sotec models.

            <netprevost@y...> wrote:
            > Hi All,
            >
            > If someone is interesting : I live near Montreal , Canada and I
            would
            > like to buy the Averatec 3225HS but as in my previous email...no
            > chance to have it here in Canada...
            >
            > If someone live not far away from the Canadian border, are you
            > interesting in buying one for me...The Averatec is sold 800.00 $ US
            > with rebates: I can pay 950.00 $ and you keep the rest of the
            > rebates..
            >
            > I can pick-up it and pay you cash directly...
            >
            > If someone is interested, email-me :
            >
            > pinota (at) .hotmail.com
            >
            > Thanks in advance,
            >
            > Walt
            >
            > --- In Sotec_Averatec_Notebook@yahoogroups.com, "netprevost"
            > <netprevost@y...> wrote:
            > > I just bought 3150HW and to be honnest after viewing the special
            at
            > > Microcenter I maybe would like to resell it for getting the 3225.
            > > Specially with the new video card allowing a shared memory of 64
            > > megs...I saw pictures: the activation switch for the wireless is
            now
            > > located near the on-off button, speakers are a little
            > differents...but
            > > just for the CPU speed and the video card I think it's a good
            > deal...
            > >
            > > I'm in Canada, so I can not get one from US but I'm thinking to go
            > in
            > > Cambridge (MA) , it's the nearest place from Canada border...or if
            > > someone in US can arrange something with me...other things: in
            > Canada
            > > I can not get the two rebates !!! ah sometimes I don't understand
            > the
            > > 'market rules'...but even if I can not get tge rebates , I will
            pay
            > > 1049 $ US for having it...
            > >

            > > --- In Sotec_Averatec_Notebook@yahoogroups.com, "Carol Chen"
            > > <carolchen@p...> wrote:
            > > > Microcenter has the new Averatec 3225HS for sale
            > > >
            > > > $799.99 after rebates ($100 mfr + $150 microcenter)
            > > >
            > > > * AMD Mobile Athlon XP-M 2000+
            > > > * 12.1" XGA TFT
            > > > * 512MB DDR SDRAM
            > > > * 40GB Ultra DMA HDD
            > > > * Combo DVD/CD-RW drive
            > > > * Built-in 54g Wireless LAN
            > > > * 56k Modem + 10/100 LAN
            > > > * Windows XP Home Edition
            > > > * 4.2 lbs
            > > > * 10.6" x 9.6" x 1"
            > > >
            > > > It has a faster processor than the 3150 series, with 802.11g
            > instead
            > > > of b. It's even a tad lighter and thinner than its predecessor.
            > > >
            > > > I believe the offer is only valid in stores (until 4/11/04).
            > > >
            > > > Pretty tempted to get one..
          • netprevost
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
              Hi,

              I have presently a 3150HW build on October 2003 , and the fan has no
              problem for now. The fan starts loudly when I boot and sometimes when
              I work, but so far no problem. I can say I'm a satisfied user.

              I want the 33225HS as a second laptop.

              I repeat it , if someone is interesting, I let him rebates and pay
              950.00 $ USD for the laptop. I can come to pick-up if it's not far
              away and pay cash directly.

              Thanks

              --- In Sotec_Averatec_Notebook@yahoogroups.com, "warp7speed"

            • w7ox
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 12, 2004
                <warp7speed@y...> wrote:
                > Just MHO,
                > From experience it is best to wait awhile, Let them get most of
                the
                > bugs worked out on this new model before buying one of these.
                > You may save yourself some headaches! Look at the fan problem on
                the
                > sotec models.

                I'm interested in the 3225HS, too -- even without rebates. Sending
                my 3150 to Averatec for service this week (optical drive is kaput ..
                and proven to be by extensive testing .. just no longer detected by
                BIOS). The increased speed and HDD capacity and more robust
                wireless are all factors. And the nearest competing small machine
                (small is important for my use) is much more costly. When the 3150
                returns, it will become my wife's, assuming I have a new one by then.

                I have little concern about early unit problems because the 3225
                seems a fairly straightforward evolution of the 3150. The key
                question is whether they have adequately dealt with any heat issues
                related to the faster processor.

                Phil