removing the glue on the labels...

  • lgald
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2004
      Has anyone had problems removing the stickers that came on the palm
      rests of the 3150HS? I got the stupid stickers off but it left a glue
      residue all over the palm rests, I tried getting it off with a
      cleaner and it took the paint off but not the damned glue!!! Does
      anyone know of a safe remover and also now, I guess I would need some
      touch up paint for the palm rest, I'm really pissed off about this
      because I've only had the laptop for like 2 weeks, any help or input
      would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,
    • katherinemorland
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2004
        I recommend a product called "Goo Gone." You can purchase it at
        places like Wal-Mark, K-Mart, and grocery stores. It is excellent
        and removing adhesive without damaging surfaces. It's inexpensive
        and lasts forever. You can buy a tiny size bottle at the store for
        around a dollar. Here is a link to an online store selling the
        poduct so you can know what to look for. Good Luck! Hope it works
        for you.

        http://www.kitchencollection.com/tempproducts.cfm?
        aff=Froogle&sku=00819332

        --- In Sotec_Averatec_Notebook@yahoogroups.com, "lgald" <lgald@y...>
        wrote:
        > Has anyone had problems removing the stickers that came on the palm
        > rests of the 3150HS? I got the stupid stickers off but it left a
        glue
        > residue all over the palm rests, I tried getting it off with a
        > cleaner and it took the paint off but not the damned glue!!! Does
        > anyone know of a safe remover and also now, I guess I would need
        some
        > touch up paint for the palm rest, I'm really pissed off about this
        > because I've only had the laptop for like 2 weeks, any help or
        input
        > would be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks,
      • Terry Tam
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2004
          you don't really need any special products to get the glue off. just take a
          piece of tape and adhere it to the particular areas where the glue is, then
          peel it off repeatedly until all the residue is gone. i had a similar
          problem with removing the wrist rest labels but that was an easy solution.

          http://join.msn.com/?page=features/photos&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca
        • warp7speed
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2004
            --- In Sotec_Averatec_Notebook@yahoogroups.com, "Terry Tam"
            <summerfades@h...> wrote:
            > you don't really need any special products to get the glue off.
            just take a
            > piece of tape and adhere it to the particular areas where the glue
            is, then
            > peel it off repeatedly until all the residue is gone. i had a
            similar
            > problem with removing the wrist rest labels but that was an easy
            solution.

            > http://join.msn.com/?page=features/photos&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%
            2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca

            I have the same problem with the residue. I've tried the tape trick
            with a little success...even with the residue warm,
            I have been living with the goo because I was afraid of using any
            solvent type of goo remover due to the fact the paint may be damaged
            by the solvent...

            I'll let someone else try the goo-bee gone stuff!

            Gary
          • mike
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 2, 2004
              wrote:
              > Has anyone had problems removing the stickers that came on the
              palm
              > rests of the 3150HS? I got the stupid stickers off but it left a
              glue
              > residue all over the palm rests, I tried getting it off with a
              > cleaner and it took the paint off but not the damned glue!!! Does
              > anyone know of a safe remover and also now, I guess I would need
              some
              > touch up paint for the palm rest, I'm really pissed off about this
              > because I've only had the laptop for like 2 weeks, any help or
              input
              > would be greatly appreciated.
              >
              > Thanks,

              Try WD-40. It removes adhesives without damaging paint.