Happy New Year and Welcome New Sonic Cell Owners

  • Jason
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2009
      I just wanted to wish everyone a great New Year. I know a bunch of new
      users have joined after getting their Sonic Cell and I wish you all
      great creativity in your musical pursuits. Thanks to those that have
      helped a lot on this forum with user questions.
      Jason- Moderator
    • Wilkinson, Jeffrey
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2009
        Hi All:

        Thank you Jason for the good wishes and for this group. I'm pretty new to sonic cell and not sure if I understand most of the question no less the answer. So, here is what I'm struggling with:

        - I'm using Sebelius 4.1 as my scoring programme. Write elaborate classical(ish) orchestrations. In Sebelius, everything seems to only respond to Channel 1, how do I use Sonic Cell's 16 channels so that I can seperate sounds?

        - Trying to then import the score from Sebelius to Sonar LE, can do it, but have trouble again as the channels have really been seperated. Sonar seems so much better for sequencing, but, as far as I know, doesn't have a scoring section.

        - I used Cubase Score Audio for a very long time on a Mac, have given it all away and am now PC with Sebilius and Cakewalk.

        Don't know if any of this makes sense. Have to get some things out very soon and am not getting all to work together. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

        Cheers, Jeff

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2009
          Hi Jeffrey

          Not familiar with Sibelius, but assume it simply plays the instruments
          via deparate midi channels or through VST.

          Regardless of the software, the SonicCell remains a Midi device that is
          listening for instructions on all 16 channels, so have to assume that
          there's something not right in the Sibelius setup??

          From what I can see, Sibelius' strength is the notation. I've not
          looked at Sonar LE to see if it has the notation part, that may have
          been taken out to produce the 'light' version.

          Here's a good comparison:

          http://www.dancingdots.com/prodesc/SibSONARComp.htm

          Which also alludes to the poor Midi support in Sibelius.

          Have a closer look at the Sibelius setup.

          Regards

          Klaus

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 5, 2009
            Hi Klaus:

            Thanks for your detailed reply and the article. Not sure how, but have seemeed to fix the chanell with Sibelius. I should be able to important scores into Sonar and us it for sequencing.

            I'm sure I'll be looking for help again.

            Regards, jeff

            Jeffrey WIlkinson
            Music Teacher, Burnt Elm P.S.
            905-495-9368
            "....Until difference makes no difference"

            Not familiar with Sibelius, but assume it simply plays the instruments
            via deparate midi channels or through VST.

            Regardless of the software, the SonicCell remains a Midi device that is
            listening for instructions on all 16 channels, so have to assume that
            there's something not right in the Sibelius setup??

            From what I can see, Sibelius' strength is the notation. I've not

            http://www.dancingdots.com/prodesc/SibSONARComp.htm <http://www.dancingdots.com/prodesc/SibSONARComp.htm>