Help with System Exclusive, Please!

  • tecluchi
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2008
      Hi, i got an M-Audio Axiom 61, and the Roland Sonic Cell. i'm using
      the Axiom and sonic cell for playing keys live in small gigs and so
      far, i'm loving this setup cos it's really light weight.

      But since the sonic cell has the capability of playing midi files, i
      was trying to use the play and stop transport buttons on the axiom ,
      to play and stop the midi file playback in the sonic cell. According
      to Roland, the new update for the sonic cell(v1.11) allows you to send
      a system exclusive message from a controller to the sonic cell to
      control the playback mode. The sysex messages provided by Roland are
      as follows:

      Start = FAH
      Continue = FBH
      Stop = FCH

      So my question is, how can i assign and send those sysex mention above
      from the transport buttons on the Axiom to the sonic cell?. I know
      this question should be posted in the m-audio forum which i already
      did, but i don't have any answer yet, and i'm very new to sysex stuff.

      Any help will be much appreciated.