Vibes patch in Sonic Cell

  • tommeggison
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2008
      I use Band in Box with my Cell and find that the volume level of the
      vibes patch is lower than other patches like piano, marimba etc. Is
      this just unique to that patch or can I boost the volume level within
      the patch? Anyone else can chime in if they have noticed this also.
      Thanks.
    • JavaJ
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2008
        tommeggison wrote:

        > I use Band in Box with my Cell and find that the volume level of the
        > vibes patch is lower than other patches like piano, marimba etc. Is
        > this just unique to that patch or can I boost the volume level within
        > the patch? Anyone else can chime in if they have noticed this also.
        > Thanks.

        It must be something in the performance- I assume you are talking about
        GM patches- so patch 28- I played it back and forth with the patches
        around it an notice no real difference in level. Do you have an example
        midi file you could post in the files section- I would be interested in
        hearing this.
        Thanks
      • tommeggison
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
          --- In SonicCell@yahoogroups.com, JavaJ <javaj@...> wrote:

          > tommeggison wrote:
          > >
          > > I use Band in Box with my Cell and find that the volume level of
          the
          > > vibes patch is lower than other patches like piano, marimba etc.
          Is
          > > this just unique to that patch or can I boost the volume level
          within
          > > the patch? Anyone else can chime in if they have noticed this
          also.
          > > Thanks.
          > >

          > It must be something in the performance- I assume you are talking
          about
          > GM patches- so patch 28- I played it back and forth with the
          patches
          > around it an notice no real difference in level. Do you have an
          example
          > midi file you could post in the files section- I would be
          interested in
          > hearing this.
          > Thanks
          >Jason,
          If I use the Sonic Cell as a stand alone device and just play the
          Vibes sample (28) by useing the speaker icon in the part and compare
          to say patch (17) ep legend there is a definite audible difference in
          volume. I called Roland and they will check it out. Let me know what
          you think. Thanks
        • JavaJ
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
            tommeggison wrote:

            > --- In SonicCell@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SonicCell%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > JavaJ <javaj@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > tommeggison wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I use Band in Box with my Cell and find that the volume level of
            > the
            > > > vibes patch is lower than other patches like piano, marimba etc.
            > Is
            > > > this just unique to that patch or can I boost the volume level
            > within
            > > > the patch? Anyone else can chime in if they have noticed this
            > also.
            > > > Thanks.
            > > >

            > > It must be something in the performance- I assume you are talking
            > about
            > > GM patches- so patch 28- I played it back and forth with the
            > patches
            > > around it an notice no real difference in level. Do you have an
            > example
            > > midi file you could post in the files section- I would be
            > interested in
            > > hearing this.
            > > Thanks
            > >Jason,
            > If I use the Sonic Cell as a stand alone device and just play the
            > Vibes sample (28) by useing the speaker icon in the part and compare
            > to say patch (17) ep legend there is a definite audible difference in
            > volume. I called Roland and they will check it out. Let me know what
            > you think. Thanks

            I would have to disagree- you are comparing 2 different song samples- if
            you scroll around the bell patches (around the vib ones)- they all have
            the same volumen- yes- the 17 ep is louder- but so are all the ep
            samples (which has to do with the sample song it uses to audition). If
            you test out the various mallet patches- they have the same level.
            Maybe play back a midifile (like a classical piano piece) and compare
            the sounds with the same midi file.
            Just my 2 cents