fury in the west.

  • Doug
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2001
      hey All. Sorry i haven´t had anything to say lately. I played Fury in the West yesterday. I had fun. Just had a little trouble with the Troop7unit strength charts.
      If you are not familiar with the system i´ll explain. You never flip or replace units to step them down. You have a big chart with all your units on it. forexample you have a union Infantry Reg. under sherman. You look on your chart and see that beside the units name are 8 boxes (if it is a strenght 8 unit.) Every time you take a hit you remove strength points by starting on the right and cover the box that shows your hits. Say you take 2 hitpoints in casualty. you would place a casualty marker on box 7 so you only have 6 points reaming. Starting from the left side you use Straggler markers to cover the points you lost to stragglers. you lose at least one sterngthpoint in stragglers everytime you move. so this can be aliitle confusing at first. but the rules are fairly simple. Only 12 pages of big print to explain the basic rules and 2 or 3 more for the advanced7optional rules. Also lots of movement illustrations. I had fun even if the stepdown systen can drive you a bit crazy ar first. Well thats it for now. everyone take care and be good.

      Doug Draa