Re: [SoloWarGame] Re: Parish Priest figure in 28mm?

  • David Crowell
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 25, 2013
      I think there may be one in the various West Wind and Old Glory 25s "Horror" and "Vampire Wars" ranges.

      Cheers,
      Dave

      Sent from my iPad

      On Jan 25, 2013, at 12:13 PM, "rozar1599" <rozar5@...> wrote:

      > --- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, James Squib wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all (Solo, Colonial, and 'Pulp' wargamers)
      > >
      > > I know this is a scatter-gun approach, but I figured that someone, somewhere, amongst these groups might have seen what I'm looking for...
      > >
      > > Having been watching the 'gentle' (that is, not very taxing, but quite entertaining) BBC series 'Father Brown Investigates', this past fortnight, I thought it might be 'fun' to have a figure of a Parish Priest (Roman Catholic, or Anglican), for some of my 'pulp-y' style games - or even to go to Darkest Africa and get mixed up with Slavers and Native Tribesmen as he tries to follow his missionary zeal...
      > >
      > > So, do any of you chaps know of a 28mm figure of a parish priest, resplendent in cassock and wide brimmed hat (optional, as I can always paint the top of the head black and add a disc of black card)?
      > >
      > > Thanks, fellas (PS: no intention is made here, or in any of my games, to ridicule or belittle the work of any Cleric, be he RC, Anglican, or otherwise... and just in case anyone was thinking I'm very irreligious, I am a practising Christian myself, and these are, after all, *only* games with tin soldiers, right?!)
      > >
      > > Squibzy

      > LAST NIGHT ON EARTH has a priest mini that is very close to what you want. Alas, I have looked all over and can't find an image to post here.

    • jim davis
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 25, 2013
        I know ai have seen one, but several years ago and probably in 25mm.  Seems like ther waqs a follow up figure of the cleric is a cooking pot too.  I thought it might be foundry, but dont see it there.  One of the russian 25/28mm plastics has a priest in medievaql robes in their viking pack.
        Jim D

[...]

        Shortcut URL to this page:

      • William Silvester
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 25, 2013
          Airfix had a Friar Tuck in their Robin Hood set but he was only 20-25mm.

          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 26, 2013
            >>LAST NIGHT ON EARTH has a priest mini that is very close to what you want. Alas, I have looked all over and can't find an image to post here.>>

            If you could find a link to this I'd appreciate it. The only items I could find by googling 'last night on earth' was some sort of zombie video game...no mention of miniatures...  But thanks anyway.
            Squibzy

            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 26, 2013
              Thanks, Dave, I'll take a shufty!
              Squibzy

              >________________________________

            • Iain Davidson
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 26, 2013
                Hi James,

                Here's a link to a
                blog<http://rounddaves.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/flying-frogs-last-night-on-earth.html>where
                he guy has painted the figure - its 2 right hand figure on the second
                picture.

                here's the box game<http://www.iguk.co.uk/products/last-night-on-earth-5934.aspx>(I'm
                guessing the figure might be part of the game)

                and finally I found the store where you can buy the figure
                <http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFrogProductions/Detail.bok?no=3>- its 1
                in a box set of 8.

                Hope this helps...
                Iain

                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 26, 2013
                  Thanks for your reply, Jim.  But I really need a priest who would 'fit in' to late 19th Century to early 1950s, rather than a 'monk' style robe.
                  Squibzy

                  >________________________________

                • James Squib
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 26, 2013
                    Thanks for your reply, William. But I really need a priest who would 'fit in' to late 19th Century to early 1950s, rather than a 'monk' style robe.
                    Squibzy

                    >________________________________

                  • James Squib
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 26, 2013
                      Thanks, Iain!  Wow! You've been busy digging round the internet - cheers!
                      Squibzy

                    • ballistic_bro
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 30, 2013
                        How about this guy from Artizan?

                        http://www.artizandesigns.com/prod.php?prod=1675

                        I've got one in the lead pile, based but not painted, nice figure. :-)
                      • James Squib
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 30, 2013
                          Thanks - this figure has had a previous mention, and though it's a crackin' figure, it's not what i wanted at all.  My requirement is for a priest figure in cassock and wide brimmed hat.  Thankfully, several fellow wargamers over the 5 different forums I posted to, have replied with various ideas, and I now have a pretty good number of figures to think about purchasing.  But thanks ever so for replying, anyway.

                          Squibzy