Re: [SoloWarGame] Drumbeat

  • ljean laeson
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 22, 2012
      JIM,I've heard it is not a game you can play over and over.Is that true?

      On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Jim <set4th@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I want to thank the persoatn who put the note about Operation Drumbeat in
      > our group discussion. It's a great little game that you can pick up and
      > play (for a few minutes if that's all you have) in a small space. And once
      > you start remembering to include all the dice modifiers (I'm getting
      > there!) it has some challenge to it. The best five bucks I've spent for
      > some time and no, I don't own interest in the company :^)
      >
      > If anyone else is playing I would appreciate a short discussion with them
      > off group.

    • Colin MacMillan
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 22, 2012
        <ping-pok ...> <ping-pok ...>
        "Captain, I think I've found something, better take a look, Sir."

        Check here for the link if you want to buy this game. And post a report if you do, I need to buy more games (ahem, yeah, right!).

        http://griffonpubstudio.com/BCGames.html#OpDrumbeat

        Colin
        (NZ - Hobbiton)

        JIM,I've heard it is not a game you can play over and over.Is that true?

        On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Jim <set4th@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I want to thank the persoatn who put the note about Operation Drumbeat in
        > our group discussion. It's a great little game that you can pick up and
        > play (for a few minutes if that's all you have) in a small space. And once
        > you start remembering to include all the dice modifiers (I'm getting
        > there!) it has some challenge to it. The best five bucks I've spent for
        > some time and no, I don't own interest in the company :^)
        >
        > If anyone else is playing I would appreciate a short discussion with them
        > off group.

        Shortcut URL to this page:

      • Jim Walton
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 23, 2012
          Hi,
          I think I understand what you're asking:

          I definitely will play it several times; it needs so little room that it will stay set up near my desk.  And you can play it for a few minutes and then pick it up later.  I finished the first game yesterday, but I made so many mistakes (the result of an old memory), I intend beginning again this afternoon.  So from what I can see at this point I will play it several times over the course of a year - but keep in mind I like it - the next person may not.  The thing I know for sure is that I’ll return to it enough times to get my $5’s worth :^)
          Jim

          JIM,I've heard it is not a game you can play over and over.Is that true?

          On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Jim <set4th@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > I want to thank the persoatn who put the note about Operation Drumbeat in
          > our group discussion. It's a great little game that you can pick up and
          > play (for a few minutes if that's all you have) in a small space. And once
          > you start remembering to include all the dice modifiers (I'm getting
          > there!) it has some challenge to it. The best five bucks I've spent for
          > some time and no, I don't own interest in the company :^)
          >
          > If anyone else is playing I would appreciate a short discussion with them
          > off group.

          Shortcut URL to this page:

        • ljean laeson
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 23, 2012
            Jim,are you going to keep a log book?

            On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 4:04 AM, Jim Walton <set4th@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Hi,
            > I think I understand what you're asking:
            >
            > I definitely will play it several times; it needs so little room that it
            > will stay set up near my desk. And you can play it for a few minutes and
            > then pick it up later. I finished the first game yesterday, but I made so
            > many mistakes (the result of an old memory), I intend beginning again this
            > afternoon. So from what I can see at this point I will play it several
            > times over the course of a year - but keep in mind I like it - the next
            > person may not. The thing I know for sure is that I�ll return to it enough
            > times to get my $5�s worth :^)
            > Jim
            >

            > g--- On Sat, 12/22/12, ljean laeson <ljean8080@...> wrote:
            >
            > From: ljean laeson <ljean8080@...>
            > Subject: Re: [SoloWarGame] Drumbeat
            > To: SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com
            > Date: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 1:32 PM
            >

            > JIM,I've heard it is not a game you can play over and over.Is that true?
            >
            > On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Jim <set4th@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            >

            > > I want to thank the persoatn who put the note about Operation Drumbeat in
            > > our group discussion. It's a great little game that you can pick up and
            > > play (for a few minutes if that's all you have) in a small space. And
            > once
            > > you start remembering to include all the dice modifiers (I'm getting
            > > there!) it has some challenge to it. The best five bucks I've spent for
            > > some time and no, I don't own interest in the company :^)
            > >
            > > If anyone else is playing I would appreciate a short discussion with them
            > > off group.

            > Shortcut URL to this page:

          • Jim Walton
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 23, 2012
              Oh, yeah - it's a big part of the fun. See the attachment; it's a logbook I use.  I'm hoping the time will come when players will write AAR's.  I will with the game I playing now.
              J.

              > I think I understand what you're asking:
              >
              > I definitely will play it several times; it needs so little room that it
              > will stay set up near my desk.  And you can play it for a few minutes and
              > then pick it up later.  I finished the first game yesterday, but I made so
              > many mistakes (the result of an old memory), I intend beginning again this
              > afternoon.  So from what I can see at this point I will play it several
              > times over the course of a year - but keep in mind I like it - the next
              > person may not.  The thing I know for sure is that I’ll return to it enough
              > times to get my $5’s worth :^)
              > Jim
              >

              > g--- On Sat, 12/22/12, ljean laeson <ljean8080@...> wrote:
              >
              > From: ljean laeson <ljean8080@...>
              > Subject: Re: [SoloWarGame] Drumbeat
              > To: SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com
              > Date: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 1:32 PM
              >

              > JIM,I've heard it is not a game you can play over and over.Is that true?
              >
              > On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Jim <set4th@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              >

              > > I want to thank the persoatn who put the note about Operation Drumbeat in
              > > our group discussion. It's a great little game that you can pick up and
              > > play (for a few minutes if that's all you have) in a small space. And
              > once
              > > you start remembering to include all the dice modifiers (I'm getting
              > > there!) it has some challenge to it. The best five bucks I've spent for
              > > some time and no, I don't own interest in the company :^)
              > >
              > > If anyone else is playing I would appreciate a short discussion with them
              > > off group.

              > Shortcut URL to this page:

              Shortcut URL to this page:

            • ljean laeson
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 23, 2012
                Jim,the attachment did not come thru.could you send it to
                ljean8080@...?thank you.