Drumbeat

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 22, 2012
      I want to thank the person who put the note about Operation Drumbeat in our group discussion. It's a great little game that you can pick up and play (for a few minutes if that's all you have) in a small space. And once you start remembering to include all the dice modifiers (I'm getting there!) it has some challenge to it. The best five bucks I've spent for some time and no, I don't own interest in the company :^)

      If anyone else is playing I would appreciate a short discussion with them off group.
    • ljean laeson
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 22, 2012
        JIM,I've heard it is not a game you can play over and over.Is that true?

        On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Jim <set4th@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I want to thank the persoatn who put the note about Operation Drumbeat in
        > our group discussion. It's a great little game that you can pick up and
        > play (for a few minutes if that's all you have) in a small space. And once
        > you start remembering to include all the dice modifiers (I'm getting
        > there!) it has some challenge to it. The best five bucks I've spent for
        > some time and no, I don't own interest in the company :^)
        >
        > If anyone else is playing I would appreciate a short discussion with them
        > off group.

      • Colin MacMillan
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 22, 2012
          <ping-pok ...> <ping-pok ...>
          "Captain, I think I've found something, better take a look, Sir."

          Check here for the link if you want to buy this game. And post a report if you do, I need to buy more games (ahem, yeah, right!).

          http://griffonpubstudio.com/BCGames.html#OpDrumbeat

          Colin
          (NZ - Hobbiton)

          JIM,I've heard it is not a game you can play over and over.Is that true?

          On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Jim <set4th@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > I want to thank the persoatn who put the note about Operation Drumbeat in
          > our group discussion. It's a great little game that you can pick up and
          > play (for a few minutes if that's all you have) in a small space. And once
          > you start remembering to include all the dice modifiers (I'm getting
          > there!) it has some challenge to it. The best five bucks I've spent for
          > some time and no, I don't own interest in the company :^)
          >
          > If anyone else is playing I would appreciate a short discussion with them
          > off group.

          Shortcut URL to this page:

        • Jim Walton
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 23, 2012
            Hi,
            I think I understand what you're asking:

            I definitely will play it several times; it needs so little room that it will stay set up near my desk.  And you can play it for a few minutes and then pick it up later.  I finished the first game yesterday, but I made so many mistakes (the result of an old memory), I intend beginning again this afternoon.  So from what I can see at this point I will play it several times over the course of a year - but keep in mind I like it - the next person may not.  The thing I know for sure is that I’ll return to it enough times to get my $5’s worth :^)
            Jim

            JIM,I've heard it is not a game you can play over and over.Is that true?

            On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Jim <set4th@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > I want to thank the persoatn who put the note about Operation Drumbeat in
            > our group discussion. It's a great little game that you can pick up and
            > play (for a few minutes if that's all you have) in a small space. And once
            > you start remembering to include all the dice modifiers (I'm getting
            > there!) it has some challenge to it. The best five bucks I've spent for
            > some time and no, I don't own interest in the company :^)
            >
            > If anyone else is playing I would appreciate a short discussion with them
            > off group.

            Shortcut URL to this page:

          • ljean laeson
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 23, 2012
              Jim,are you going to keep a log book?

              On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 4:04 AM, Jim Walton <set4th@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Hi,
              > I think I understand what you're asking:
              >
              > I definitely will play it several times; it needs so little room that it
              > will stay set up near my desk. And you can play it for a few minutes and
              > then pick it up later. I finished the first game yesterday, but I made so
              > many mistakes (the result of an old memory), I intend beginning again this
              > afternoon. So from what I can see at this point I will play it several
              > times over the course of a year - but keep in mind I like it - the next
              > person may not. The thing I know for sure is that I�ll return to it enough
              > times to get my $5�s worth :^)
              > Jim
              >

              > g--- On Sat, 12/22/12, ljean laeson <ljean8080@...> wrote:
              >
              > From: ljean laeson <ljean8080@...>
              > Subject: Re: [SoloWarGame] Drumbeat
              > To: SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com
              > Date: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 1:32 PM
              >

              > JIM,I've heard it is not a game you can play over and over.Is that true?
              >
              > On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Jim <set4th@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              >

              > > I want to thank the persoatn who put the note about Operation Drumbeat in
              > > our group discussion. It's a great little game that you can pick up and
              > > play (for a few minutes if that's all you have) in a small space. And
              > once
              > > you start remembering to include all the dice modifiers (I'm getting
              > > there!) it has some challenge to it. The best five bucks I've spent for
              > > some time and no, I don't own interest in the company :^)
              > >
              > > If anyone else is playing I would appreciate a short discussion with them
              > > off group.

              > Shortcut URL to this page:

            • Jim Walton
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 23, 2012
                Oh, yeah - it's a big part of the fun. See the attachment; it's a logbook I use.  I'm hoping the time will come when players will write AAR's.  I will with the game I playing now.
                J.

                > I think I understand what you're asking:
                >
                > I definitely will play it several times; it needs so little room that it
                > will stay set up near my desk.  And you can play it for a few minutes and
                > then pick it up later.  I finished the first game yesterday, but I made so
                > many mistakes (the result of an old memory), I intend beginning again this
                > afternoon.  So from what I can see at this point I will play it several
                > times over the course of a year - but keep in mind I like it - the next
                > person may not.  The thing I know for sure is that I’ll return to it enough
                > times to get my $5’s worth :^)
                > Jim
                >

                > g--- On Sat, 12/22/12, ljean laeson <ljean8080@...> wrote:
                >
                > From: ljean laeson <ljean8080@...>
                > Subject: Re: [SoloWarGame] Drumbeat
                > To: SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com
                > Date: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 1:32 PM
                >

                > JIM,I've heard it is not a game you can play over and over.Is that true?
                >
                > On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Jim <set4th@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **
                >

                > > I want to thank the persoatn who put the note about Operation Drumbeat in
                > > our group discussion. It's a great little game that you can pick up and
                > > play (for a few minutes if that's all you have) in a small space. And
                > once
                > > you start remembering to include all the dice modifiers (I'm getting
                > > there!) it has some challenge to it. The best five bucks I've spent for
                > > some time and no, I don't own interest in the company :^)
                > >
                > > If anyone else is playing I would appreciate a short discussion with them
                > > off group.

                > Shortcut URL to this page:

                Shortcut URL to this page:

              • ljean laeson
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 23, 2012
                  Jim,the attachment did not come thru.could you send it to
                  ljean8080@...?thank you.