Re: [SoloWarGame] Solo wargames campaign map - node, hex, grid

  • Iden Hill
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2012
      Stephan,

      I have found that hexes are good for strategic and operational level sims.
      Whereas squares can be used just as well for tactical level games. Offset
      squares work the same way as hexes. The trick is to make the size of the
      hexes, squares, etc. proportional to the size of the miniatures and era in
      which you are gaming. There are any number of schemes to simulate fog of
      war using any system of movement regulation.

      Iden.