Re: [SoloWarGame] Solo Traveller campaign starting on a blog

  • Fredd Bloggs
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 12 2:15 AM
      If you don't already know this, it might be of use.

      http://www.travellermap.com/

      On 2012-08-11 19:14:12 +0000 Sean Squires <sqaz15@...> wrote:

      > Hi Shaun,
      >
      > Fantastic! Can't wait to read all about your adventure.
      >
      > Sean
      >
      > Sent from my Kindle Fire

      Shortcut URL to this page:
    • Rob
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 15, 2012
        Wow, I was really into Traveller, way-back-when. But I ditched most of my RGP stuff about 10 years ago during a house move. I had the Boxed set with the Spinward Marches campaign. I friend and I used to have simple wargames with Trillion Credit Squadron. I also ditched /first/ edition boxed set of Warhammer... I have but Tunnels and Trolls left. I do appreciate not having much free time when there's litte 'un running around. I'll have snoop at your blog some time.

        rob

        --- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, shaun@... wrote:

        > Someone posting a weeks ago about Solo Traveller. Traveller is an itch
        > that that post finally made me scratch.
        >
        > I haven't played an RPG in 15 years, and the only one I did play in the
        > 80's and 90's was Traveller. I have kept collecting Traveller stuff on
        > the chance I will sometime play again. Life is time poor with 2 small
        > children and so I thought of Star smuggler (Dwarfstar Games). But that
        > post about solo Traveller got me thinking, I did a lot of web surfing
        > and ditched Star Smuggler replay for Solo Traveller. I hope to detail
        > how it goes, what works, what doesn't etc and blog the experience. Here
        > is the link to the blog:
        >

        > http://shauns-solo-traveller.blogspot.com.au/
        > <http://shauns-solo-traveller.blogspot.com.au/>
        >
        > Not much there yet - subsector, some tables and a post on the mechanisms
        > I hope to use. But this week I will actually roll up the main character
        > and start adventuring!

      • Shaun Travers
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 21, 2012
          Rob,

          Being no much of a role-player for many many years, I have always been
          tempted to give/sell the stuff away. But it is a little itch that
          needed scratching and I am seeing if solo does so. Jury still out as it
          is early days.

          Never been much of a solo player until the children arrived but I am
          learning fast.

          -shaun

          On 16/10/2012 1:45 AM, Rob wrote:
          > Wow, I was really into Traveller, way-back-when. But I ditched most of my RGP stuff about 10 years ago during a house move. I had the Boxed set with the Spinward Marches campaign. I friend and I used to have simple wargames with Trillion Credit Squadron. I also ditched /first/ edition boxed set of Warhammer... I have but Tunnels and Trolls left. I do appreciate not having much free time when there's litte 'un running around. I'll have snoop at your blog some time.
          >
          > rob
          >
          > --- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, shaun@... wrote:
          >> Someone posting a weeks ago about Solo Traveller. Traveller is an itch
          >> that that post finally made me scratch.
          >>
          >> I haven't played an RPG in 15 years, and the only one I did play in the
          >> 80's and 90's was Traveller. I have kept collecting Traveller stuff on
          >> the chance I will sometime play again. Life is time poor with 2 small
          >> children and so I thought of Star smuggler (Dwarfstar Games). But that
          >> post about solo Traveller got me thinking, I did a lot of web surfing
          >> and ditched Star Smuggler replay for Solo Traveller. I hope to detail
          >> how it goes, what works, what doesn't etc and blog the experience. Here
          >> is the link to the blog:
          >>

          >> http://shauns-solo-traveller.blogspot.com.au/
          >> <http://shauns-solo-traveller.blogspot.com.au/>
          >>
          >> Not much there yet - subsector, some tables and a post on the mechanisms
          >> I hope to use. But this week I will actually roll up the main character
          >> and start adventuring!

          > Shortcut URL to this page:
          >

          > -----
          > No virus found in this message.