Re: [SoloWarGame] Solo Traveller campaign starting on a blog

  • James Davies
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 11, 2012
      Hi Shaun,

      Looking forward to this too!

      James

      ________________________

      On 2012-08-11 19:14:12 +0000 Sean Squires <sqaz15@...> wrote:

      > Hi Shaun,
      >
      > Fantastic! Can't wait to read all about your adventure.
      >
      > Sean
      >
      > Sent from my Kindle Fire

    • Fredd Bloggs
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 12, 2012
        If you don't already know this, it might be of use.

        http://www.travellermap.com/

        > Fantastic! Can't wait to read all about your adventure.
        >
        > Sean
        >
        > Sent from my Kindle Fire

        Shortcut URL to this page:
      • Rob
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 15, 2012
          Wow, I was really into Traveller, way-back-when. But I ditched most of my RGP stuff about 10 years ago during a house move. I had the Boxed set with the Spinward Marches campaign. I friend and I used to have simple wargames with Trillion Credit Squadron. I also ditched /first/ edition boxed set of Warhammer... I have but Tunnels and Trolls left. I do appreciate not having much free time when there's litte 'un running around. I'll have snoop at your blog some time.

          rob

          --- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, shaun@... wrote:

          > Someone posting a weeks ago about Solo Traveller. Traveller is an itch
          > that that post finally made me scratch.
          >
          > I haven't played an RPG in 15 years, and the only one I did play in the
          > 80's and 90's was Traveller. I have kept collecting Traveller stuff on
          > the chance I will sometime play again. Life is time poor with 2 small
          > children and so I thought of Star smuggler (Dwarfstar Games). But that
          > post about solo Traveller got me thinking, I did a lot of web surfing
          > and ditched Star Smuggler replay for Solo Traveller. I hope to detail
          > how it goes, what works, what doesn't etc and blog the experience. Here
          > is the link to the blog:
          >

          > http://shauns-solo-traveller.blogspot.com.au/
          > <http://shauns-solo-traveller.blogspot.com.au/>
          >
          > Not much there yet - subsector, some tables and a post on the mechanisms
          > I hope to use. But this week I will actually roll up the main character
          > and start adventuring!

        • Shaun Travers
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 21, 2012
            Rob,

            Being no much of a role-player for many many years, I have always been
            tempted to give/sell the stuff away. But it is a little itch that
            needed scratching and I am seeing if solo does so. Jury still out as it
            is early days.

            Never been much of a solo player until the children arrived but I am
            learning fast.

            -shaun

            On 16/10/2012 1:45 AM, Rob wrote:
            > Wow, I was really into Traveller, way-back-when. But I ditched most of my RGP stuff about 10 years ago during a house move. I had the Boxed set with the Spinward Marches campaign. I friend and I used to have simple wargames with Trillion Credit Squadron. I also ditched /first/ edition boxed set of Warhammer... I have but Tunnels and Trolls left. I do appreciate not having much free time when there's litte 'un running around. I'll have snoop at your blog some time.
            >
            > rob
            >
            > --- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, shaun@... wrote:
            >> Someone posting a weeks ago about Solo Traveller. Traveller is an itch
            >> that that post finally made me scratch.
            >>
            >> I haven't played an RPG in 15 years, and the only one I did play in the
            >> 80's and 90's was Traveller. I have kept collecting Traveller stuff on
            >> the chance I will sometime play again. Life is time poor with 2 small
            >> children and so I thought of Star smuggler (Dwarfstar Games). But that
            >> post about solo Traveller got me thinking, I did a lot of web surfing
            >> and ditched Star Smuggler replay for Solo Traveller. I hope to detail
            >> how it goes, what works, what doesn't etc and blog the experience. Here
            >> is the link to the blog:
            >>

            >> http://shauns-solo-traveller.blogspot.com.au/
            >> <http://shauns-solo-traveller.blogspot.com.au/>
            >>
            >> Not much there yet - subsector, some tables and a post on the mechanisms
            >> I hope to use. But this week I will actually roll up the main character
            >> and start adventuring!

            > Shortcut URL to this page:
            >

            > -----
            > No virus found in this message.