Re: Solo time limits

  • K.C.
    Message 1 of 30 , Mar 1, 2012
      I've seen Fight Your Own Wars mentioned before. I think I understand it to be mainly WW2. Is it adaptable (especially the campaign part) to other genres, such as Colonialism?

      K.C.

      --- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, Barry Miltenburg <sologeneral@...> wrote:

      > For that simple reason alone, when I wrote Fight Your Own Battles (and now Fight Your Own Wars - campaign version), I use a system that breaks each bound down into the activities of each element on the table/map.  I can play out the first element's turns then leave the game and when I next go back to it play out the second element's turn.
      >
      > The admin tells me what each element is doing & the state it's in so I don't have to spend much time re-capping.
    • Barry Miltenburg
      Message 2 of 30 , Mar 20, 2012
        KC
        The nature of the mechanism is defined by the game I wanted to achieve - namely a WW2 era game where individual officers had some degree of flexibility.  Not sure that this translates into earlier periods where orders were orders.  That said, I am not precious about people "cherry-picking" the ideas they want.  The campaign version Fight Your Own Wars is due to be published next week so do keep an eye on the website www.fightyourownbattles.co.uk.  Again they are mainly aimed at WW2 but I am not precious  etc  etc
        Barry

      • K.C.
        Message 3 of 30 , Mar 25, 2012
          Very cool, I'll keep an eye on the website.