Re: [SoloWarGame] Solo Wargamers! LOL Mike!

  • Colin MacMillan
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2012
      Mike, your wife is very understanding!
      My girls are now starting to say "Could you use this for your toy soldier stuff ..."

      In order to curb the "oh, I might just need that" or "where's that thingy, y'know, with the wire, it'd make a useful hinge for a barn ...",  I tried, note the word TRIED, introducing a rule - if I bring one thing in to the house, I have to take two things out.

      So far it's not working ...

      (but I like to think my scratchbuilding skills are improving).

      Colin
      (New Zealand - "... why yes, you'd be forgiven to thinking you'd stepped into Weta Workshop sometimes. Fingers, oh, nothing, just glued them together again with superglue, y'know, the usual).

      >________________________________

    • Jim Walton
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 1, 2012
        Colin,
        That's depressing - instead, do what I do - sneak it in - you'll feel much more like a real man.

        Jim W.

        ________________________________
        My girls are now starting to say "Could you use this for your toy soldier stuff ..."

        In order to curb the "oh, I might just need that" or "where's that thingy, y'know, with the wire, it'd make a useful hinge for a barn ...",  I tried, note the word TRIED, introducing a rule - if I bring one thing in to the house, I have to take two things out.

        So far it's not working ...

        (but I like to think my scratchbuilding skills are improving).

        Colin
        (New Zealand - "... why yes, you'd be forgiven to thinking you'd stepped into Weta Workshop sometimes. Fingers, oh, nothing, just glued them together again with superglue, y'know, the usual).

        >________________________________

      • Mike NotSpecified
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 1, 2012
          Trying wearing a beret :)

          On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 12:51:06 -0800 (PST)
          Colin MacMillan <colinmacmillan@...> wrote:
          > Mike, your wife is very understanding!
          > My girls are now starting to say "Could you use this for your toy soldier
          >stuff ..."
          >
          > In order to curb the "oh, I might just need that" or "where's that thingy,
          >y'know, with the wire, it'd make a useful hinge for a barn ...",  I tried,
          >note the word TRIED, introducing a rule - if I bring one thing in to the
          >house, I have to take two things out.
          >
          > So far it's not working ...
          >
          > (but I like to think my scratchbuilding skills are improving).
          >
          > Colin
          > (New Zealand - "... why yes, you'd be forgiven to thinking you'd stepped
          >into Weta Workshop sometimes. Fingers, oh, nothing, just glued them together
          >again with superglue, y'know, the usual).
          >

          >>________________________________

        • John Acar
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 2, 2012
            LOL about the droids! What a cool and otherwise dangerous idea
            (especially for Zombies)! :-D

            My kids are mildly interested. But they are young. 5 years old is my
            oldest. It is a cool age where they go off and play and I can get out the
            paint tray and bang out a few figures.

            Sounds like yours are closer to teenage or even older? And yes. You
            always blame the wife. Mine makes me endure the guilt. "I thought you
            were going to not buy these things anymore?" "No Dear. I said I was
            cutting BACK not OFF!"

            Happy New Year to all and good (solo) gaming!