Re: [SoloWarGame] A solitaire look at SAGA

  • jim davis
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2011
      So pretty much like now?
      JimD

      --- On Mon, 10/31/11, James Squib <captain_squib@...> wrote:

      From: James Squib <captain_squib@...>
      Subject: Re: [SoloWarGame] A solitaire look at SAGA
      To: "SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com" <SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Monday, October 31, 2011, 11:00 AM

      That was a good report on SAGA, Joe, and a great game from the sound and look of it! Glad you're getting into British Dark Ages - it's a fascinating period, full of so many kings, chieftains, plotting queens, murderous 'royal' family members wanting a piece of the crown, a church that was often as corrupt as the secular leaders...and amongst it all, a poor, peasantry that just had to do what their local lord or chieftain told them. Crackin' stuff!

      Squibzy

      >________________________________

      Shortcut URL to this page:

    • James Squib
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2011
        JimD wrote: So pretty much like now?

        Funny that... I very nearly wrote the self same final sentence at the end of my email, but shied clear in case His Lordship, Eorl Winfielda, got the hump and turned his fiery temper on me!  hee-hee-hee!

        Squibzy

        >________________________________

      • jim davis
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2011
          Probably means we are both old codgers.  (, ="
          Jim D

          Funny that... I very nearly wrote the self same final sentence at the end of my email, but shied clear in case His Lordship, Eorl Winfielda, got the hump and turned his fiery temper on me! hee-hee-hee!

          Squibzy

          >________________________________

          Shortcut URL to this page:

        • jim davis
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2011
            Feeling a bit foolish.  I have been involved in painting up some indian Wars figures , and in the back of my head i thought there was a box out in the barn with some 25mm mounted Southern Plains Indians in it  Stuf I bought 30 yearsa go and left there for the last 25 years,  WAs putting off looking a sit was in the loft and my knee is still not too good.  But Sunday I had to do other work up a ladder and figured cant do much more damage and went looking.
            So far I have foune 3 zerox paper boxes with painted, unpainted and partly painted  25mm figures for ancient, medieval, colonial and ACW,  And some half naked Amazons.  Still hanvt found the Indians, but damn if i remember buying this stuff, but i think some is for my Hyborian armies..  Kind of like early Çhristmas. InCLUDED ARE A PAIR OF US 2ND DRAGOONS which will work in nicely with the indians. Only trougble is looking at them, I cant paint that good anymore. Of course my knee is too sore to climb back for another look for a while.  Heck , Jimmy Hoffa might be up there.
            Jim D

          • Iden Hill
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 1, 2011
              Wow, Teamster miniatures! Can you get Pinkerton goons too?

              Iden.

              On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 6:44 PM, jim davis <jhdavis19@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Feeling a bit foolish. I have been involved in painting up some indian
              > Wars figures , and in the back of my head i thought there was a box out in
              > the barn with some 25mm mounted Southern Plains Indians in it Stuf I
              > bought 30 yearsa go and left there for the last 25 years, WAs putting off
              > looking a sit was in the loft and my knee is still not too good. But
              > Sunday I had to do other work up a ladder and figured cant do much more
              > damage and went looking.
              > So far I have foune 3 zerox paper boxes with painted, unpainted and partly
              > painted 25mm figures for ancient, medieval, colonial and ACW, And some
              > half naked Amazons. Still hanvt found the Indians, but damn if i remember
              > buying this stuff, but i think some is for my Hyborian armies.. Kind of
              > like early �hristmas. InCLUDED ARE A PAIR OF US 2ND DRAGOONS which will
              > work in nicely with the indians. Only trougble is looking at them, I cant
              > paint that good anymore. Of course my knee is too sore to climb back for
              > another look for a while. Heck , Jimmy Hoffa might be up there.
              > Jim D

            • jim davis
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 1, 2011
                there is one package marked'" Gangster" figures, so maybe i did find him.
                 jim
                Wow, Teamster miniatures! Can you get Pinkerton goons too?

                Iden.

                On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 6:44 PM, jim davis <jhdavis19@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Feeling a bit foolish.  I have been involved in painting up some indian
                > Wars figures , and in the back of my head i thought there was a box out in
                > the barn with some 25mm mounted Southern Plains Indians in it  Stuf I
                > bought 30 yearsa go and left there for the last 25 years,  WAs putting off
                > looking a sit was in the loft and my knee is still not too good.  But
                > Sunday I had to do other work up a ladder and figured cant do much more
                > damage and went looking.
                > So far I have foune 3 zerox paper boxes with painted, unpainted and partly
                > painted  25mm figures for ancient, medieval, colonial and ACW,  And some
                > half naked Amazons.  Still hanvt found the Indians, but damn if i remember
                > buying this stuff, but i think some is for my Hyborian armies..  Kind of
                > like early Çhristmas. InCLUDED ARE A PAIR OF US 2ND DRAGOONS which will
                > work in nicely with the indians. Only trougble is looking at them, I cant
                > paint that good anymore. Of course my knee is too sore to climb back for
                > another look for a while.  Heck , Jimmy Hoffa might be up there.
                > Jim D

                Shortcut URL to this page: