Re: Does anyone know where i can get the book

  • frusprof
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 7 9:05 PM
      I've bought a good number of wargaming books (including a number of Donald Featherstone's titles) on Alibris.com.

      --- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, "laura" <ljean8080@...> wrote:

      > Paddy Griffith's Napoleonic Wargaming for Fun?Thank you.

    • John
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 8 11:41 AM
        Paddy Griffith's work is a classic, very interesting even for those not interested in the period.

        It can be bought from the History of Wargaming Project at www.wargaming.co, along with many other wargaming books.

        John

        editor of the History of Wargaming Project, www.wargaming.co

        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 9 1:04 AM
          I own two of the reprints published by this company. The quality of binding, paper, etc. is first rate.

          --- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, "John" <john.curry@...> wrote:

          > Paddy Griffith's work is a classic, very interesting even for those not interested in the period.
          >
          > It can be bought from the History of Wargaming Project at www.wargaming.co, along with many other wargaming books.
          >
          > John
          >
          > editor of the History of Wargaming Project, www.wargaming.co
          >
          > --- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, "frusprof" <auggiebax@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I've bought a good number of wargaming books (including a number of Donald Featherstone's titles) on Alibris.com.
          > >
          > > --- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, "laura" <ljean8080@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Paddy Griffith's Napoleonic Wargaming for Fun?Thank you.

        • Graham Empson
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 9 2:07 AM
            Even this VSW [Veteran Solo Wargamer] would have to agree that the reprints are of excellent quality having filled in a few blanks in my library.

            More importantly they contain a wealth of information from the Don who was my inspiration way back in the late 1960’s.

            I still read through my original hardbacks, on occasion, when I have a wargaming problem and somehow they always manage to steer me in the right direction.

            Best Regards,

            Wolf Warrior (AKA THAT Graham Empson)

            Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

          • Colin MacMillan
            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 9 2:38 AM
              Hey guess what!

              I work in Defence, and browsing the in-house catalogue the other day, there was a title by Don Featherstone!
              Seems his influence is far and wide.

              Colin
              (NZ)

              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 9 8:48 PM
                One of the reasons US won't go to war with NZ.

                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 9 10:33 PM
                  Or is it because the USA and NZ share something in common ... a AA+ credit rating??? :-0

                  >One of the reasons US won't go to war with NZ.
                  >
                  >--- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, Colin MacMillan <colinmacmillan@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> Hey guess what!
                  >>
                  >> I work in Defence, and browsing the in-house catalogue the other day, there was a title by Don Featherstone!
                  >> Seems his influence is far and wide.
                  >>
                  >> Colin
                  >> (NZ)

                • SPAR Prestatyn
                  Message 8 of 24 , Aug 10 12:06 AM
                    NZ should be AAA
                    Marlborough County Sauvignon Blanc :-) hic.
                    Cheers.

                    Regards

                    Mike

                    Sent from iPhone

                    On 10 Aug 2011, at 06:33, Colin MacMillan <colinmacmillan@...> wrote:

                    > Or is it because the USA and NZ share something in common ... a AA+ credit rating??? :-0

                  • Colin MacMillan
                    Message 9 of 24 , Aug 10 12:26 AM
                      Hahaha - and yes, deep in the heart of wine country - and Omaka - home of (Sir) Peter Jacksons WW1 Aireal Musuem.

                      No, you're not seeing things, that really is a Pfalz flying overhead, and a Fokker Dr1, and a Sopwith, and a ... dog on a doghouse ...?
                      (How much have I had to drink?!)

                      Colin
                      (NZ - http://www.omaka.org.nz/, http://www.wine-marlborough.co.nz/)

                      Message 10 of 24 , Aug 10 1:36 AM
                        That's done, now I'm looking for biggles learns to fly
                        Then that will mean a flight of FE2b's
                        But what scale? My eye sight's not what it was.

                        Regards

                        Mike

                        Sent from iPhone

                        Message 11 of 24 , Aug 10 2:53 AM

                          Ha! All the aircraft I mentioned fly regularly at airshows. And take a look at this beauty;

                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/flissphil/3475191781/

                          This thing flew low and slow - the gunner stood up, aimed at the rear, then waved to the public - I didn't see anything remotely like a safety harness! Sir Peter has a small WW1 airforce at Omaka. Plus he has a WW1 tank ... I reckon a remake of 'The Blue Max' is in the offing.

                          Oh, and plenty of LOTR stars are in town just now - including Peter Fry in a bit role. As Fry is writing the script for  'The Dam Busters' remake - surely that must must mean this movie is getting closer! I'm getting fed up with waiting. At this rate 'Red Tails' (George Lucas) will steal his thunder in 2012.

                          (Now where abouts did I put my copy of Donald Featherstones 'Air Wargames' . . .?)

                          Colin
                          (NZ)

                          Message 12 of 24 , Aug 10 9:05 AM
                            We got an AA+ credit rating because Peter Jackson found out we had his credit card on file and canceled it.

                            Message 13 of 24 , Aug 10 9:06 AM
                              Very cool.

                              --- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, Colin MacMillan <colinmacmillan@...> wrote:

                              > Ha! All the aircraft I mentioned fly regularly at airshows. And take a look at this beauty;
                              >
                              > http://www.flickr.com/photos/flissphil/3475191781/
                              >
                              > This thing flew low and slow - the gunner stood up, aimed at the rear, then waved to the public - I didn't see anything remotely like a safety harness! Sir Peter has a small WW1 airforce at Omaka. Plus he has a WW1 tank ... I reckon a remake of 'The Blue Max' is in the offing.
                              >
                              > Oh, and plenty of LOTR stars are in town just now - including Peter Fry in a bit role. As Fry is writing the script for  'The Dam Busters' remake - surely that must must mean this movie is getting closer! I'm getting fed up with waiting. At this rate 'Red Tails' (George Lucas) will steal his thunder in 2012.
                              >
                              > (Now where abouts did I put my copy of Donald Featherstones 'Air Wargames' . . .?)
                              >
                              > Colin
                              > (NZ)

                            • James Squib
                              Message 14 of 24 , Aug 10 2:08 PM
                                What a beautiful aeroplane!  Thanks for sharing, Colin.
                                Squibzy

                                ________________________________

                                Message 15 of 24 , Aug 11 12:39 AM
                                  I spent last Saturday gardening ......
                                  And the Rhyl air display.
                                  70 years since RAF Valley was operational.
                                  Display by the Red Arrows.
                                  And 350 Squadron Belgian Airforce formed in 1941
                                  at RAF Valley (Anglsey) to fly sorties against the
                                  Luftwaffe attacks on Liverpool.

                                  Not much gardening done.

                                  Regards

                                  Mike

                                  Sent from iPhone

                                  Message 16 of 24 , Aug 11 12:59 AM
                                    " ... we had his credit card on file ..."
                                    O-h-h-h, you heard about that 'incident'. Yes, that was some coupla' years back.

                                    Check this 'associated' site -     http://wingnutwings.com/ww/%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0figures too big for wargaming, but (adopts patriotic tone in voice) "Help the economy, buy now, all prices in US dollars. C'mon, you know they're cheaper than an Adidas Jersey!

                                    Colin
                                    (NZ - http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/rugby-world-cup/5411809/Adidas-get-a-mauling-over-All-Blacks-jersey)

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Aug 11 1:02 AM
                                      Fantastic!!!
                                      Just no other word for them.

                                      Regards

                                      Mike

                                      Sent from iPhone

                                      Message 18 of 24 , Aug 11 1:02 AM
                                        JEA-LOUS!!!
                                        Boardgame 'Black Cross, Blue Skies' has, apparently, a solotaire scenario.
                                        Expensive game, but the (few) reviews praise it.

                                        Has anybody played this boardgame solo?

                                        >70 years since RAF Valley was operational.
                                        >Display by the Red Arrows.
                                        >And 350 Squadron Belgian Airforce formed in 1941
                                        >at RAF Valley (Anglsey) to fly sorties against the
                                        >Luftwaffe attacks on Liverpool.
                                        >
                                        >Not much gardening done.
                                        >
                                        >Regards
                                        >
                                        >Mike
                                        >
                                        >Sent from iPhone
                                        >
                                        >On 10 Aug 2011, at 22:08, James Squib <captain_squib@...> wrote:
                                        >
                                        >> What a beautiful aeroplane! Thanks for sharing, Colin.
                                        >> Squibzy

                                      • James Richards
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Aug 11 3:51 PM
                                          We are fortunate to live near the EAA in Osh Kosh Wisconsin in the US, the yearly show with lots of cool old aircraft.

                                          Sent from my iPad

                                          Message 20 of 24 , Aug 11 11:56 PM
                                            " ... Osh Kosh Wisconsin in the US, the yearly show with lots of cool old aircraft..."
                                            <sigh> One day
                                            Ssome day ...