[SoloWarGame] Re: Other Sources for Civilization (city rules)

  • Rick Devonshire
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 3, 2009
      Thanks Will. My Acrobat reader wouldn't open at first. Got it by downloading
      and then reading.

      Rick

      Sorry Guys,

      I don't understand why the original post didn't work.
      I have converted the file to a pdf and reposted it in the files section.

      See Civilised Campaigns.pdf

      Please check it out and let me know if you can't read it

      Cheers

      Will

      --- In SoloWarGame@ <mailto:SoloWarGame%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com,
      James Squib <captain_squib@...> wrote:

      > Rick Devonshire wrote: >Err, that's strange. when I open it all I get is
      computerese, not english.
      > I'm running windows 2003. Not being an expert at computer programs I
      wonder
      > if someone can tell me what's gone wrong.<
      >
      > Rick is right. The file, though it downloads as a ".doc" file (i.e. a MS
      Word file), it requires a "converter" to open it successfully in Word. On
      my own PC, when I clicked "yes" to running the converter, a dialogue box
      requested I insert my original Office 2003 CD-ROM to install this from...
      except that even when I inserted the Office 2003 CD, and clicked "re-try"
      Word could not find the file required. So I think the Civilised Campaigns
      Rules will either have to be converted by the Author and re-uploaded, or by
      some other clever-dick, so we can all enjoy them without the need to
      decipher code! :-))

      > Squibzy

      > List owner: SoloWarGame- <mailto:SoloWarGame-owner%40onelist.com>
      owner@onelist.com

      > Shortcut URL to this page:
      > http://www.onelist <http://www.onelist.com/community/SoloWarGame>
      com/community/SoloWarGame
      > MARKETPLACE
      > Mom Power: Discover the community of moms doing more for their families,
      for the world and for each other