Re: Lone Warrior issue 166 is Out!

  • kim
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2009
      Thanks to everyone who replied to my query regarding Lone Warrior. Apologies for the late reply but I don't appear to have the digest, and so wasn't aware there had been answers.

      I do have a further question. Is Lone Warrior aimed primarily at wargamers who use measurement for movement? I prefer grid based or area based solo games. That being so, will Lone Warrior still be useful?
    • James Squib
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2, 2009
        Kim - bet you've got loadsa history books on your chosen periods, uniform / weaponry data sheets, maybe even some fiction written during / about your chosen periods ... So Lone Warrior comes into the category of "inspiring texts" - not necessarily written for grid based games, and not necessarily written with measured movement - but JOLLY inspiring articles that you can adapt to your likes and methods.

        I guess another way of looking at it would be like the big supermarkets view their customers... if you don't go to shop Tesco or Asda (Wallmart) you won't exactly be missed, but we'd love you to come and try our store!  In other words, it's up to you if you buy into LW, and up to you whether you see the goodies inside its covers as being of value, but to those of us who do subscribe, we "shop there all the time!"
        Captain Squib

        Message 3 of 8 , May 2, 2009
          --- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, James Squib <captain_squib@...> wrote:
          >So Lone Warrior comes into the category of "inspiring texts" - not >necessarily written for grid based games, and not necessarily written >with measured movement - but JOLLY inspiring articles that you can >adapt to your likes and methods.

          Thank you. I get what you mean. Not sure Tescapo was a good example though :-) They couldn't care less what I'm intersted in as long as they get my money, whereas I'm sure Lone Warrior isn't like that. But I understood where you were going with the explanation :-)

          Many thanks.