Idea to throw at the hive.

  • jim bailey
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2008
      I am trying to come up with
      a idea for small solo game between my SOB, Dark Eldar
      and zombies. I am not a fan of Chaos, to me, it looks
      like a cheap way to get magic into a scfi game.

      My idea is, a small band of outlawed Dark Eldar, come
      to a back water planet to kidnap the planet's high
      officials. To trade them back for for all the inmates
      in jail. This is a cheat, easy way to get some play
      things without any loses, being a small band they
      cannot afford many loses. To their bad luck, there is
      SOB shine on the planet and the Dark Eldar try to
      kidnap the Canoness and her escort.

      The zombies would come in because the Dark Eldar use
      virus bombs to either cover their attack and retreat
      or both. I am a fan of virus caused zombies.

      This looks like a nice little firefight between the
      Dark Eldar and SOB with the wild card of zombie
      attacks.

      Jim

      It is by my order and for the good of the state that the bearer of this
      has done what he has done.
      - Richelieu

    • Bob George
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 29, 2008
        On Jan 28, 2008 5:01 PM, jim bailey <blueboybythesea@...> wrote:

        > [...] This looks like a nice little firefight between the
        > Dark Eldar and SOB with the wild card of zombie
        > attacks.

        Jim, I feel like I'm reading my kids texting each other. I recognize the
        words but have no idea what they mean! :)

        What rules are you using for these? Are you doing a mash-up of different
        rule sets, or are they all the same family? Any particular solo mechanics
        you're using?

        Thanks,

        - Bob
        (feeling old now)

      • Dale Hurtt
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 29, 2008
          First off, I simply play Dark Eldar as pirates and slavers, with the Homonculi
          (sp?) as a particularly cruel "Dr. Frankenstein" type that likes to attach
          itself to this particular pirate culture (and vice versa).

          Given that, the Dark Eldar can be on the planet to capture slaves and the H.
          can be experimenting with viruses - with or without the Dark Eldar Kabal's
          knowledge and permission, your choice - and thus the zombie results get out of
          hand. This, in turn, can cause a reaction force of SoBs to come out and
          investigate.

          The idea of the Dark Eldar intentionally trying a high-risk mission like
          kidnapping a Canoness just smacks of manipulation for a scenario's sake. The
          only way I could see the Dark Eldar doing something that stupid is if the
          Archon or Dracon of the Kabal saw the Canoness and decided she would make an
          excellent plaything for his (or her) harem. (Even after I wrote it, I STILL
          think it is a stupid idea and too high risk. But, stupider things have happened
          historically.)

          I think the least contrived scenario is that the SoBs get the jump on the Dark
          Eldar because the latter are trying to contain their little virus bomb
          experiment gone awry.

          Either way, let us know how it goes!

          Dracon Dale

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs