Re: Partisan or Resistance fighters (and similarity to Scouting)

  • Bob Stewart
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2007
      Perhaps you can modify a set of Scouting rules --- scouts went out in
      groups of 5 (with a Lt as command) looking for bridges, roads, and any
      other pertinant info, and had to report back to a Scout Command, who
      then reported back to someone like the adjutant. So a thorough set of
      scouting rules would probably be a good base for what you are looking
      for. Have a look through Magweb at some back-issues of Lone Warrior,
      and there are some specific references like: Scouting thoughts (Kenn
      Hart) LW136/p26 mid-article; Scouts and Picket Screens (Nic Birt)
      LW142/p9; Scouts and scouting reports (Peter Walker) LW 134/p29.

      Have a look in the Files under Seur D'Armadilleaux non-card-file Solo
      notes, and I've added a "Scouting Factors for Scouting Game" that was
      intended more for Colonial or Wild West (M7) but could be modified for
      use in a Partizan game

      Hope this helps,

      Bob
      Seur D'Armadilleaux
      Best darn Oreo scout in the whole Fur-lined foxhole!