Hello to all

  • ides01
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2005
      Just saying hello - name is Paul and I live just outside Glasgow,
      Scotland. I've played games for over twenty years now, favourites
      being RPG, 25mm Ancients, 25mm massed fantasy. and 15mm Napoleonics.
      Now that I have two children under three years old, I'm finding less
      and less time to make it to my old club. Plus work is intruding even
      more. So it looks as though I'll be expanding my solo interests for
      the foreseeable future. I've just moved house, and the new place has a
      huge brick-built garage that's just crying out to have a sandtable.
      The plan is to build one that's 5 by 12 feet sometime in the summer.
      My wife approves, since she is now able to get back into gardening, and
      the deal is each to their own. I hate gardening, but I am very good at
      killing plants, digging things up, chopping them down and generally
      causing plant mayhem, which is good given the stuff that's been left
      behind by the previous owners. So as long as I do some manual labour,
      I get the time to play with my tiny wee men. Now all I need to do is
      figure out how best to protect the whole thing from the Scottish
      weather so that I and any visitors don't freeze to death while playing
      games...
    • Andy Cowell
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 9, 2005
        In message <dnbqkn+b3p4@...>, "ides01" writes:
        > Just saying hello - name is Paul and I live just outside Glasgow,
        > Scotland.

        Welcome, Paul. Sounds like you have a nice arrangement with your
        wife! Good luck on the sand table!
      • Arthur Ross
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 16, 2005
          --- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, "ides01" <p.innes@a...> wrote:

          > weather so that I and any visitors don't freeze to death while
          playing
          > games...

          Regarding insulation, I've been wrestling with how to insulate my
          basement game room when I came across this "blanket insulation"

          http://www.certainteed.com/CertainTeed/Homeowner/Homeowner/Insulation
          /Prodindex/Residential/BasementWallMasonry.htm

          It's regular fiberglass insulation, but it has a plastic/foil facing
          on one side so you don't have to go through the mess of a stud wall
          or drywall installation, and it will be easy to take down when you
          rebuild.

          You may also want to build up the floor a little, so you don't have
          to stand on the cold concrete.

          All the best!