hi everyone :)

  • the_war_gamer
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2005
      This is my first post, so I`d like to say hello to everyone.

      I`ll spend some time looking around the forum for a while, try and
      catch up and learn what this site is all about :)

      Just to let you know: I play Dungeons with Dragons & Star Wars
      Miniatures... and TMG`s Lord of the Rings 40mm pre-painted Miniaturs
      (which use hex maps). I have written my own extensive rules system
      for the Middle Earth game (adapted from STG`s official rules
      engine) - then went one step further and wrote a generic set of
      rules based on the above, which allows me to play LOTR, D&D, SW,
      Doom, and Arthurian (etc etc) wargames.

      I write all my games up as battle reports, short stories and
      campaign diaries, and usually save them to disc... and have
      invented* a very workable set of dungeon rules (space station or
      futuristic complex etc when playing sci-fi) which allows me to play
      solo rpg.

      *the original idea for the latter was not mine, but I adapted it
      considerably, re-working it until it was the way I wanted it, in
      effect, I made it my own lol.

      I play Squad Leader (Avalon Hill`s classic WW2 simulation board
      game) but am in the final stages of re-writing the rules to make the
      game easier and better suited for solo play.

      There are other games I dabble with, but I figure that will do for
      now lol.

      Look forward to seeing you all in the forums.

      Chloe Ann :)
    • Bert-Bach-A-Rat
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2005
        Hey there welcome Chloe Ann! I'm interested in the solo RPG u
        mentioned-any chance of getting some idea of how this works-or an AAR?
        Thanks!

        --- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, "the_war_gamer"

      • oldwargamer56@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2005
          like too see those Lord of the Rings rules

        • Bob S
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2, 2005
            Solo rpg? Please, please, please share.

            Bob S

[...]

            Community email addresses:
            Post message: SoloWarGame@onelist.com
            Subscribe: SoloWarGame-subscribe@onelist.com

            Shortcut URL to this page:
            http://www.onelist.com/community/SoloWarGame

            Solo
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Solo+9500+battery&w1=Solo+9500+batt
            ery&w2=Solo+s2&w3=Solo+5300+battery&w4=Hotel+solo&w5=Gateway+solo&w6=Sol
            o+auto+insurance&c=6&s=118&.sig=BniLHycyRZGXm0lGVXIJYw> 9500 battery
            Solo
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Solo+s2&w1=Solo+9500+battery&w2=Sol
            o+s2&w3=Solo+5300+battery&w4=Hotel+solo&w5=Gateway+solo&w6=Solo+auto+ins
            urance&c=6&s=118&.sig=9wb9A7BlzGKdS2UL1Yn-5w> s2 Solo
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Solo+5300+battery&w1=Solo+9500+batt
            ery&w2=Solo+s2&w3=Solo+5300+battery&w4=Hotel+solo&w5=Gateway+solo&w6=Sol
            o+auto+insurance&c=6&s=118&.sig=4mmN8-te1Xe_lHuveX4Z1g> 5300 battery
            Hotel
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Hotel+solo&w1=Solo+9500+battery&w2=
            Solo+s2&w3=Solo+5300+battery&w4=Hotel+solo&w5=Gateway+solo&w6=Solo+auto+
            insurance&c=6&s=118&.sig=uJB2ATx2BS7l-pGNaIkEbA> solo Gateway
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Gateway+solo&w1=Solo+9500+battery&w
            2=Solo+s2&w3=Solo+5300+battery&w4=Hotel+solo&w5=Gateway+solo&w6=Solo+aut
            o+insurance&c=6&s=118&.sig=u4EMRy8VoAC9OBUA1NeMDw> solo Solo
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Solo+auto+insurance&w1=Solo+9500+ba
            ttery&w2=Solo+s2&w3=Solo+5300+battery&w4=Hotel+solo&w5=Gateway+solo&w6=S
            olo+auto+insurance&c=6&s=118&.sig=5DDREiaZVPHTPJ4bb3yN3w> auto insurance

            _____

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            * Visit your group "SoloWarGame
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SoloWarGame> " on the web.

            _____

          • the_war_gamer
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 3, 2005
              --- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, "Bob S" <teamspader@w...> wrote:
              Solo rpg? Please, please, please share.

              *chuckles* I`ll add the file (just for you) as soon as I get a
              chance, hopefully over the week-end, okay ;)

              Chloe Ann.
            • mark_vanosdol
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 3, 2005
                Hi Chloe Ann and welcome to the group!
                It's been awhile since I've posted to the group, but every once in a
                while there's a post that just can't go unanswered. Your original
                post is one such case.
                I'm highly interested in your solo Squad Leader rules and would love
                it if you were to post them to the group after you've finished
                writing/play testing them.

                Cheers,
                Mark:)

                --- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, "Bert-Bach-A-Rat"
                <rollorollo@m...> wrote:
                > Hey there welcome Chloe Ann! I'm interested in the solo RPG u
                > mentioned-any chance of getting some idea of how this works-or an
                AAR?
                > Thanks!
                >
                > --- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, "the_war_gamer"
                > <the_war_gamer@y...> wrote:
                > > This is my first post, so I`d like to say hello to everyone.
                > >
                > > I`ll spend some time looking around the forum for a while, try
                and
                > > catch up and learn what this site is all about :)
                > >
                > > Just to let you know: I play Dungeons with Dragons & Star Wars
                > > Miniatures... and TMG`s Lord of the Rings 40mm pre-painted
                Miniaturs
                > > (which use hex maps). I have written my own extensive rules
                system
                > > for the Middle Earth game (adapted from STG`s official rules
                > > engine) - then went one step further and wrote a generic set of
                > > rules based on the above, which allows me to play LOTR, D&D, SW,
                > > Doom, and Arthurian (etc etc) wargames.
                > >
                > > I write all my games up as battle reports, short stories and
                > > campaign diaries, and usually save them to disc... and have
                > > invented* a very workable set of dungeon rules (space station or
                > > futuristic complex etc when playing sci-fi) which allows me to
                play
                > > solo rpg.
                > >
                > > *the original idea for the latter was not mine, but I adapted it
                > > considerably, re-working it until it was the way I wanted it, in
                > > effect, I made it my own lol.
                > >
                > > I play Squad Leader (Avalon Hill`s classic WW2 simulation board
                > > game) but am in the final stages of re-writing the rules to make
                the
                > > game easier and better suited for solo play.
                > >
                > > There are other games I dabble with, but I figure that will do
                for
                > > now lol.
                > >
                > > Look forward to seeing you all in the forums.
                > >

                > > Chloe Ann :)
              • Bob S
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 3, 2005
                  Yes, yes, yes!

                  Bob S

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 3, 2005
                    --- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, "mark_vanosdol" <skorpien7@a...>
                    wrote:

                    Hi Chloe Ann and welcome to the group!
                    It's been awhile since I've posted to the group, but every once in
                    while there's a post that just can't go unanswered. Your original
                    post is one such case.
                    I'm highly interested in your solo Squad Leader rules and would
                    love
                    it if you were to post them to the group after you've finished
                    writing/play testing them.

                    Cheers,
                    Mark:)

                    Hi Mark,

                    Thank you for your nice words.

                    The Squad Leader rules I have been writing (in collaboration with my
                    Husband) are actually just about completed. I have been working on
                    them for almost a year now, and I am at the stage where those last
                    minute finishing touches and minor re-writes keep cropping up
                    (usually in mid game)as we play-test the thing lol.

                    I must infuriate my Husband and friends when we play, because I
                    usually stop every phase of the game to write everything into word
                    doc... take numerous photos... and often take time to write up an on
                    going mini story to accompany what ever set of scenarios we have
                    made up at the time with which to test-drive the rules system. The
                    good thing is that we will end up with an enjoyable and
                    comprehensive set of battle reports to look back on one day :)

                    I call the system SLEAPP ``Squad Leader, Easy Alternative Play
                    Package`` and this incorporates Avalon Hill`s original Squad Leader
                    game + the three Gamettes ``Cross of Iron - Crescendo of Doom - GI
                    Anvil of Victory`` ... though 80% of the rules are entirely optional
                    and are not needed to play the game.

                    I must say Mark, I am very excited by the way SLEAPP plays and I can
                    hardly wait until the whole thing is printed out properly on paper
                    and put into a ring-binder rules folder. It plays like a dream and
                    is WAAAAAY easier to play than the original, and (I think)is also a
                    lot more exciting and enjoyable.

                    Solo rules with a built in intelligence and random AI to represent
                    artificial opponents will be written and finished (by me lol) in
                    another six month/year or so.

                    My only fear concerning placing the file on the site is that there
                    are a lot of pictures included and the rules are quite long, and I
                    wonder if I might have problems uploading everything? I shall,
                    however, endeavour. Should I encounter a problem, I shall simply
                    send you the rules via e-mail or by actual post... with my
                    compliments.

                    I guess the rules are pretty much ready NOW! But I really want to
                    make sure they are as perfect as possible before I let go of the
                    reins :) So be patient for another month or so, because the benefits
                    will (I hope) be worth the wait.

                    I like to play this game (like all the wargames I am interested in)
                    by myself ``solo style`` - I guess it has become a habit now, but I
                    think probably I originally started doing this a long time ago
                    because women aren`t meant to be interested in military history,
                    middle earth, Arthurian legend etc etc etc (hahahahaha) and I simply
                    found it easier to seperate myself from the rest of the hobby and
                    enjoyed `doing my thing` on my own... or with my husband sometimes.

                    Okay, enough said. I`ll shut up now and stop waffling on about my
                    passion.

                    Basically... my SLEAPP rules will be available very soon.

                    :)
                  • the_war_gamer
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 3, 2005
                      --- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, "Bob S" <teamspader@w...> wrote:
                      Yes, yes, yes!

                      Lol

                      Let me know how you get on with them :))