RE: [SoloWarGame] NWF Campaign

  • David & Robin
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 24, 2005
      Hello,

      Peter Pig's "Patrols in the Sudan", or PITS as it affectionately known, has
      a nice system for on table "fog of war" deployment of Native forces using
      the local terrain for cover, scouting etc. Terrain is added and removed from
      the table by the Native player. Native units are deployed as two half units
      each in a separate terrain feature. Either one could be the actual location
      of the unit, the Anglo-Egyptian player doesn't know for sure until he scouts
      or contacts them. The Native player is free to declare either half to be the
      true location of the unit during any of his moves.

      The game is written for two players, but plays extremely well solitaire.

      Cheers,

      --dave

      _____

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 25, 2005
        Howdy!

        Have any of you taken a look at Piqute?

        Larry

        --- David & Robin <gpfarm@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >

        > Peter Pig's "Patrols in the Sudan", or PITS as
        > it affectionately known, has
        > a nice system for on table "fog of war"
        > deployment of Native forces using
        > the local terrain for cover, scouting etc.
        > Terrain is added and removed from
        > the table by the Native player. Native units
        > are deployed as two half units
        > each in a separate terrain feature. Either one
        > could be the actual location
        > of the unit, the Anglo-Egyptian player doesn't
        > know for sure until he scouts
        > or contacts them. The Native player is free to
        > declare either half to be the
        > true location of the unit during any of his
        > moves.
        >

        > The game is written for two players, but plays
        > extremely well solitaire.
        >

        > Cheers,
        >

        > --dave
        >

        > _____

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Andy Cowell
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 25, 2005
          In message <20050826012233.42006.qmail@...>, Correus writes
          :

          > Have any of you taken a look at Piqute?

          There's a lot of discussion in the archives on Piquet. Most people
          think it's an excellent solo rules set, although some people don't like
          the mechanics.
        • Correus
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 25, 2005
            I forgot to send the link.

            www.piquet.com

            There is also a Yahoo group. The rules work
            great for solo play.

            Larry

            http://mail.yahoo.com