Re: [SoloWarGame] D&D now Mythic

  • Brian Sommers
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
      any question you want?? mmmm.. i am under the impression that is has to be
      yes/no questions? if not then can you give me an example?
      thanks
      Brian S

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
        Indeed it has to be yes/no questions... However, you can phrase
        virtually anything as a question which must be answered with yes or
        no. To both yes and no a probability score is attached. So if you
        are crossing a very busy street with lots of traffic you can ask the
        gamesystem 'am I being hit by a passing car?'. The probability is
        above average, so you give it that rank on the yes/no chart. Then
        you roll a D100 and if it's below 70 for instance, it's a yes, above
        70 it's a no. But if a double number is rolled (11, 22, 33) a random
        event takes place in between. Another chart is used for that, giving
        mystical phrases which should be interpreted in a logical way that
        is probable for the scene that's currently being played. This makes
        Mythic a system that can give a story a great twist.

        --- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Sommers" <brian777@c...>