Re: [SoloWarGame] D&D now Mythic

  • John Walsh
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2004
      Good morning,

      Is it possible for anyone who has successfully tried this to post an example
      of play? I'd be keen to see how others are able to use Mythic?

      Thanks,

      John
    • Brian Sommers
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
        any question you want?? mmmm.. i am under the impression that is has to be
        yes/no questions? if not then can you give me an example?
        thanks
        Brian S

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
          Indeed it has to be yes/no questions... However, you can phrase
          virtually anything as a question which must be answered with yes or
          no. To both yes and no a probability score is attached. So if you
          are crossing a very busy street with lots of traffic you can ask the
          gamesystem 'am I being hit by a passing car?'. The probability is
          above average, so you give it that rank on the yes/no chart. Then
          you roll a D100 and if it's below 70 for instance, it's a yes, above
          70 it's a no. But if a double number is rolled (11, 22, 33) a random
          event takes place in between. Another chart is used for that, giving
          mystical phrases which should be interpreted in a logical way that
          is probable for the scene that's currently being played. This makes
          Mythic a system that can give a story a great twist.

          --- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Sommers" <brian777@c...>