D&D now Mythic

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2004
      Thanks for the input Joshua! I will buy the PDF of Myhtic and give it a whirl. Your system looks interesting too. I'll give it a try.

      Peter

      I bought Mythic three months ago from www.rpgnow.com and I am
      currently running a solo fantasy campaign. I am amazed to where this
      gamesystem is bringing me. I was truly surprised by its extremely
      simple but very useable mechanisms. The fun part is that it even
      doesn't need any conversion for another genre, since Mythic isn't
      designed for a particular genre. Mythic only gives you a
      dungeonmaster in print. You can ask the system any question you
      want. So you can even end up with a game starting as a fantasy
      campaign, which turns out as a roadmovie and finally switches to a
      mechwar... It is that flexible. It all depends on how you play with
      Mythic.

      It can also be used as a DM when playing with friends, giving
      everyone a chance to play instead of someone being the ruler of the
      game. It is definitely worth checking out IMHO...

    • John Walsh
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 30, 2004
        Good morning,

        Is it possible for anyone who has successfully tried this to post an example
        of play? I'd be keen to see how others are able to use Mythic?

        Thanks,

        John
      • Brian Sommers
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
          any question you want?? mmmm.. i am under the impression that is has to be
          yes/no questions? if not then can you give me an example?
          thanks
          Brian S

          > Thanks for the input Joshua! I will buy the PDF of Myhtic and give it a
          > whirl. Your system looks interesting too. I'll give it a try.
          >
          > Peter
          >

          > I bought Mythic three months ago from www.rpgnow.com and I am
          > currently running a solo fantasy campaign. I am amazed to where this
          > gamesystem is bringing me. I was truly surprised by its extremely
          > simple but very useable mechanisms. The fun part is that it even
          > doesn't need any conversion for another genre, since Mythic isn't
          > designed for a particular genre. Mythic only gives you a
          > dungeonmaster in print. You can ask the system any question you
          > want. So you can even end up with a game starting as a fantasy
          > campaign, which turns out as a roadmovie and finally switches to a
          > mechwar... It is that flexible. It all depends on how you play with
          > Mythic.
          >
          > It can also be used as a DM when playing with friends, giving
          > everyone a chance to play instead of someone being the ruler of the
          > game. It is definitely worth checking out IMHO...

          > Community email addresses:
          > Post message: SoloWarGame@onelist.com
          > Subscribe: SoloWarGame-subscribe@onelist.com
          >
          > Shortcut URL to this page:
          > http://www.onelist.com/community/SoloWarGame
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • arjenschumacher
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
            Indeed it has to be yes/no questions... However, you can phrase
            virtually anything as a question which must be answered with yes or
            no. To both yes and no a probability score is attached. So if you
            are crossing a very busy street with lots of traffic you can ask the
            gamesystem 'am I being hit by a passing car?'. The probability is
            above average, so you give it that rank on the yes/no chart. Then
            you roll a D100 and if it's below 70 for instance, it's a yes, above
            70 it's a no. But if a double number is rolled (11, 22, 33) a random
            event takes place in between. Another chart is used for that, giving
            mystical phrases which should be interpreted in a logical way that
            is probable for the scene that's currently being played. This makes
            Mythic a system that can give a story a great twist.

            --- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Sommers" <brian777@c...>