Struggle of Nations AH/ Grande Armee

  • stewartc1812
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
      Hello, I'm new to this but not wargaming with others.
      Any ideas on solo play for Struggle of Nations or GA ?
      Thought that would stump you ?
      Stewart
    • Dave S
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2003
        I have Struggle of Nations, and it's complex enough with two players
        going at it. Adding more rules for solo options would be a challenge.

        Typically with games that have so many variables to deal with, I just
        abstract the more significant ones (move/maneuver, fire/target) into
        tables. These tables would give a variety of probable actions that
        the enemy might take, and the table results can be modified by
        battlefield conditions, morale, control, etc.

        The less significant variables can usually be figured in your head
        based on the best decision for that army.

        Question back to you: I have never played Grande Armee. Which of the
        two games do you prefer?

        --- In SoloWarGame@yahoogroups.com, "stewartc1812" <stewart@l...>
        wrote:

        > Hello, I'm new to this but not wargaming with others.
        > Any ideas on solo play for Struggle of Nations or GA ?
        > Thought that would stump you ?
        > Stewart
      • stewartc1812
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2003
          Thanks to the bloke who answered me about SON . I have tried playing
          it solo.Does your head in! But the other game in the series
          Napoleon at Bay' is excellent,as long as you have some idea of the
          1814 campaign. Grande Armee ia similar to V&B and is possible for
          solo play as movement and other factors are relatively random.