RE: [SoloWarGame] Help with an opposing force generation mechanic

  • Thomo the Lost Chilling
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2002
      Indeed, if you really really want a TO&E organisation, then draw a couple of
      possible TO&E you could be facing.

      Then, break eack of those TO&E's down into their components (battalions down
      to companies, companies down to platoons etc) and assign each of those
      compnents a card from the deck. Do this for each of the full TO&E's you
      decided are likely in the area.

      Now the randomising begins.

      When you are first likely to contact or be spotted, randomly select which
      TO&E you will be facing. Yes, you will then know what you are up against -
      sort of. Follow Ed's suggesting then by putting down the cards and slipping
      them to see what is in there (you've already assigned the component parts in
      the setup).

      Randomises it somewhat and results in some days facing a Varus, other days
      facing a Scipio :-)

      Cheers, Thomo the Lost
      Thomo's Hole temporarily at:
      http://thomo.coldie.net