Firepower scenarios

  • mdpass1
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 18, 2002
      Hi all,
      My name is Mike D. and I'm a 46-yr old closet wargamer. Am looking
      for additional scenarios for Avalon Hill "Firepower" man-to-man squad
      tactics game. I think I have all of the articals published in their
      publication "The General" for the game. To be honest, I've lost track
      of the different areas of conflict around the globe since about the
      1980s, lots would make for interesting scenarios.
      Thanks,
      Mike D. mppd@...
    • jim
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 18, 2002
        Mike you might take a look at the CloseCombat series of computer
        games (now in the $10.00 "reaminders" shelf at Walmart, or Combat
        Command which has a website with sample game. Both more convient
        thatn board games.
        Jim

        -- In SoloWarGame@y..., "mdpass1" <mppd@w...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        > My name is Mike D. and I'm a 46-yr old closet wargamer. Am
        looking
        > for additional scenarios for Avalon Hill "Firepower" man-to-man
        squad
        > tactics game. I think I have all of the articals published in their
        > publication "The General" for the game. To be honest, I've lost
        track
        > of the different areas of conflict around the globe since about the
        > 1980s, lots would make for interesting scenarios.
        > Thanks,
        > Mike D. mppd@w...
      • mdpass1
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 19, 2002
          Thanks Jim,
          I own the Close Combat series, but it plays a bit too quick and
          chaotic for me (probably closer to reality, but less enjoyable to
          partake in as a game/simulation). I just can't seem to get away from
          pushing around those cardboard counters....
          Mike
        • jim davis
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 19, 2002
            I can't leave games set up, even miniatures as my cats
            love to see things sail from table top to floor.
            Jim

            http://webhosting.yahoo.com/