Re: [SoloWarGame] Panzer Command

  • Mircea Pauca
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 22, 2002
      Greetings from Romania !
      > Have any of you played Victory Games' Panzer Command. It has a
      > moderate to high complexity, but it also has a high solitiare rating.
      > Anyone tried it out? Supposedly it has soliatiare aides and a
      > scenario generation system.

      Interesting system, the first formation-chit-pull game designed.
      Quite cumbersome to play due to frequent opportunity fires.
      Solo requires a good amount of 'split mind' between both sides'
      objectives and intentions, being somewhat helped by the constraint
      of the chit pulled. I've written a review:
      http://grognard.com/./reviews/panzcomm.txt
      As a solo, I'd rather play my 2-player favorites, Tigers in the Mist
      and AH Impulse games. Also Ambush! (but computer Steel Panthers
      offers the same feel for much less effort).

      Happy gaming !
      Mircea Pauca (mpauca@...), Bucuresti, Romania