Getting copies of old Wargames/ Game Boy Games

  • mrparrott60478
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2001
      I have been looking for a copy of Age of Rifles for a long time and
      have had no luck. Any suggestions as to where to go on the web for a
      copy? The same goes for an F-16 Game Boy arcade game - it was great
      fun but alas it is broken now and I would like to replace it if
      possible. Any pertinent suggestions as to how I could acquire these
      old games would be very gratefully accepted.

      Thanks,

      Mike Parrott
    • dunthinkin
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 28, 2001
        --- In SoloWarGame@y..., "mrparrott60478" <Mparrott429@a...> wrote:
        > I have been looking for a copy of Age of Rifles for a long time and
        > have had no luck.

        Age of Rifles is included on the free software download site at
        www.theunderdogs.org mentioned a few days ago on the list. A
        wonderful site actually - thanks to whoever posted the original info!
        I found a copy of an old Atari game (pc version) I'd been looking for
        for years - Ancient Battles. The specific url for Age of Rifles is
        http://www.theunderdogs.org/game.php?id=1244. If you do a search on
        the web there are (or at least used to be) a shedload of free
        scenarios out there for the game, which is indeed a wonderful bit of
        software.

        Cheers,
        Jay.
      • baron_vega
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2002
          I am 99% sure that you are looking for _Afterburst_. It was based on
          an arcade name of the same name. The arcade game had a joystick that
          would vibrate when the plane got hit. Actually, I think the whole
          stand-up unit would vibrate when hit.

          Used Gameboy game sellers on the web might have it. Also try eBay,
          and take advantage of eBay's search functions. You can have eBay
          email you when the game is up for auction.

          -Diego Vega