Re: [SoloWarGame] new member

  • William Scarvie
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2001
      Hi there,

      For some nice skirmish rules, you might try Rencounter, available on the
      web from Ed Allen at:

      http://tetrad.stanford.edu/renc/rencounter.html

      I have a couple of scenarios for this game, one of which is set during the
      American War for Independance, at my site:

      http://www.angelfire.com/sd/scarvie/miniatures.html

      Enjoy,

      Will Scarvie

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 22, 2003
        Hello to you all,

        First I want to thank Chris Wimbrow and some other people who acted
        on my behalf when I was mistakingly denied membership of this group.
        I received a nice email from the group owner and I truly understand
        the problems and confusion spammers can create amongst group owners
        and moderators, but all's well that ends well. Since I am a pure
        solo-gamer, I'm happy to be amongst you and thanks to the wonder of
        the internet, solo-gamers are no longer "lone warriors".

        I'm an old hand and have been wargaming since the early 70's,
        pioneering the hobby in Belgium, but was out of it for about 10 years
        (concentrating on my other hobby of collecting military oldtimer
        vehicles). I now run a victoriana solo campaign in a continent
        called "Afriboria", in honour of Toy Bath's "Hyborian Campaign". All
        this (and more) you can find on my site THE UNIVERSAL GENERAL" at
        http.//www.rudi-geudens.be/
        Although a solo gamer, I did recently join the local wargames club
        Tin Soldiers of Antwerp (Belgium), a truly great lot with an own
        private clubhouse, meeting every Fridaynight. They had problems with
        the upkeep of their website, so I agreed to do it for them. You can
        visit TSA at http://www.tsoa.be/ and see how we wargame in Belgium.

        I'm looking forward to the list and sometimes taking part in the
        discussions,

        Rudi
      • Neil Smark