Re: new member

  • fred.hartig@freenet.de
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 31, 2001
      --- In SoloWarGame@y..., clelong@c... wrote:
      > We play DBA and TSATF, using 20mm or 54mm plastic figures. And I am
      > looking for skirmish rules for American War of Independence
      games :
      > I am currently painting 54mm BMC figures of that period.
      > Cheers.

      Hello,

      try this link:
      http://www.warriorheroes.com/

      They publish a range of skirmish rules in their 'Mayhem' series. The
      rules seem to be created especially with the solo miniature gamer in
      mind.
      'MAYHEM: Warring Brothers - Covering the American Civil War and the
      American War of Independence' will be published soon, according to
      the web page.

      I ordered 3 different skirmish sets (ancient/medieval, wild west,
      napoleonics) and will post about them, after gametesting.

      Fred
    • William Scarvie
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2001
        Hi there,

        For some nice skirmish rules, you might try Rencounter, available on the
        web from Ed Allen at:

        http://tetrad.stanford.edu/renc/rencounter.html

        I have a couple of scenarios for this game, one of which is set during the
        American War for Independance, at my site:

        http://www.angelfire.com/sd/scarvie/miniatures.html

        Enjoy,

        Will Scarvie

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 22, 2003
          Hello to you all,

          First I want to thank Chris Wimbrow and some other people who acted
          on my behalf when I was mistakingly denied membership of this group.
          I received a nice email from the group owner and I truly understand
          the problems and confusion spammers can create amongst group owners
          and moderators, but all's well that ends well. Since I am a pure
          solo-gamer, I'm happy to be amongst you and thanks to the wonder of
          the internet, solo-gamers are no longer "lone warriors".

          I'm an old hand and have been wargaming since the early 70's,
          pioneering the hobby in Belgium, but was out of it for about 10 years
          (concentrating on my other hobby of collecting military oldtimer
          vehicles). I now run a victoriana solo campaign in a continent
          called "Afriboria", in honour of Toy Bath's "Hyborian Campaign". All
          this (and more) you can find on my site THE UNIVERSAL GENERAL" at
          http.//www.rudi-geudens.be/
          Although a solo gamer, I did recently join the local wargames club
          Tin Soldiers of Antwerp (Belgium), a truly great lot with an own
          private clubhouse, meeting every Fridaynight. They had problems with
          the upkeep of their website, so I agreed to do it for them. You can
          visit TSA at http://www.tsoa.be/ and see how we wargame in Belgium.

          I'm looking forward to the list and sometimes taking part in the
          discussions,

          Rudi
        • Neil Smark