Re: New poem, Once upon a time

  • steve_is_a_buddha
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2009
      Chris

      Very thought provoking. My kitchen is in an awful state right now - so it has made me put my mind to sorting that out. Not too sure about the groin/scalpel juxtaposition - a bit eye watering that!

      Anyway, I also began to think of hygeine in relation to swine flu. Here is a poem of mine.

      Steve

      In Mexico the farmyard swine
      Have become a beef of mine
      Their trotters, shoulders and spare ribs
      Means gringos now stay in their cribs

      Cos swine flu moves from old el paso
      To hong kong and burkina faso
      Thats why we wash our hands in water
      Like someone with obsessive compulsive disorder

      Pigs have stuff like shit to wallow in
      But that's why we a-pills-are swallowing
      And we are sniffly limbs are aching
      Because we love our chops and bacon

      It knows no state or rank - swine flu
      It might take nikken or daisaku
      Or like a great world wide pandemic
      Hit Rev Ryuei - check your fleghm Mick!

      Robin down in Illinois
      Might have this illness to enjoy
      But might produce a strange result
      A truce between him and Chris Holte

      Don Gropp in the great North West
      Might feel a heaving in his chest
      And Bill down in Los Angeles
      Might breathe slow in and out, then sneeze!

      Rob and all his LGBTs
      Might really have the heebeegeebees
      The only one to miss the party
      Kathy's grim nemesis, Artie!

      Even that character "win spirit"
      Will even start to worry and fear it
      "Win" for him means now "win....dows"
      Which he will always lock and close

      God, I hope this grim contagion
      Will not strike us all and rage on
      And cover all 2k9's calendar
      And grimly strike Wills Smith and Kallendar

      No, may we, genuinely have protection
      And quickly beat this gross infection
      And wear our face masks like girls wear burkhas
      And hope these germs will not then "bug" us

      and chant some lusty dimoku
      to help us beat this foul swine flu!
      May this grim transgenic virus
      Maybe - as a species - inspire us

      realize we have more in common
      (sgi, shu, shoshu, honmon
      whatever, even kempon hokke,
      all sects who are cool and ok)

      than what divides us, therefore species!
      don't get mired in shit that's specious!
      cease your beefs and tired polemics
      lets all join cause against pandemics!

      --- In SokaGakkaiUnofficial@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher H. Holte" <chris_holte@...> wrote:

      > Hola, colleagues,
      > > Inspiration comes when it does (I am still waiting on the
      > > version that has me diligently cleaning the kitchen) and
      > > here was a new poem today. I wish I could just write them
      > > out, like Chris and others do (thank you) but they
      > > come out in columns.
      > >

      > Here's one for you:
      >
      > Inspiration
      >
      > Inspiration comes cleaning the kitchen.
      > All the dishes washed and the counters wiped.
      > All the little dust moles skurrying into chambers.
      > Then the floors mopped and shined.
      > From that clean start, much wisdom can be mined.
      >
      > Eating dinner on a clean plate, with clean hands,
      > with clean people saying clean things
      > and thinking clean thoughts,
      > and building clean buildings,
      > that tower over lovely grounds.
      >
      > All that dirt goes in my garden.
      > In the house it's dirt,
      > in the garden it's food.
      >
      > All that cleanliness is relative.
      > Under a microscope we are habitats for microbes.
      > We need those microbes to be healthy!
      > But we don't need them swarming and poisoning us.
      > So we clean.
      >
      > We need clean truths.
      > What are clean truths?
      > Sanitized of all negativity?
      > No, if there is dirt on the table.
      > Truth is the scrub-brush.
      > If there is pain in the groin,
      > Truth is a scalpel.
      >
      > Clean truths require us to wash the dishes:
      > to carefully rinse and dry them;
      > To clean the countertops, wash the floors;
      > wash the laundry, not hide it;
      > A clean house is an inviting house.
      > A clean mind is a mind that is self disciplined.
      >
      > Chris

    • Christopher H. Holte
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2009
        LOL, I like it.

        --- In SokaGakkaiUnofficial@yahoogroups.com, "steve_is_a_buddha" <steve_is_a_buddha@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > that tower over lovely grounds.
        > >
        > > All that dirt goes in my garden.
        > > In the house it's dirt,
        > > in the garden it's food.
        > >
        > > All that cleanliness is relative.
        > > Under a microscope we are habitats for microbes.
        > > We need those microbes to be healthy!
        > > But we don't need them swarming and poisoning us.
        > > So we clean.
        > >
        > > We need clean truths.
        > > What are clean truths?
        > > Sanitized of all negativity?
        > > No, if there is dirt on the table.
        > > Truth is the scrub-brush.
        > > If there is pain in the groin,
        > > Truth is a scalpel.
        > >
        > > Clean truths require us to wash the dishes:
        > > to carefully rinse and dry them;
        > > To clean the countertops, wash the floors;
        > > wash the laundry, not hide it;
        > > A clean house is an inviting house.
        > > A clean mind is a mind that is self disciplined.

      • camoonchild
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2009
          --- In SokaGakkaiUnofficial@yahoogroups.com, "steve_is_a_buddha" <steve_is_a_buddha@...> wrote:

          > Chris
          >
          > Very thought provoking. My kitchen is in an awful state right now - so it has made me put my mind to sorting that out. Not too sure about the groin/scalpel juxtaposition - a bit eye watering that!
          >
          > Anyway, I also began to think of hygeine in relation to swine flu. Here is a poem of mine.
          >
          > Steve
          >
          > In Mexico the farmyard swine
          > Have become a beef of mine
          > Their trotters, shoulders and spare ribs
          > Means gringos now stay in their cribs
          >
          > Cos swine flu moves from old el paso
          > To hong kong and burkina faso
          > Thats why we wash our hands in water
          > Like someone with obsessive compulsive disorder
          >
          > Pigs have stuff like shit to wallow in
          > But that's why we a-pills-are swallowing
          > And we are sniffly limbs are aching
          > Because we love our chops and bacon
          >
          > It knows no state or rank - swine flu
          > It might take nikken or daisaku
          > Or like a great world wide pandemic
          > Hit Rev Ryuei - check your fleghm Mick!
          >
          > Robin down in Illinois
          > Might have this illness to enjoy
          > But might produce a strange result
          > A truce between him and Chris Holte
          >
          > Don Gropp in the great North West
          > Might feel a heaving in his chest
          > And Bill down in Los Angeles
          > Might breathe slow in and out, then sneeze!
          >
          > Rob and all his LGBTs
          > Might really have the heebeegeebees
          > The only one to miss the party
          > Kathy's grim nemesis, Artie!
          >
          > Even that character "win spirit"
          > Will even start to worry and fear it
          > "Win" for him means now "win....dows"
          > Which he will always lock and close
          >
          > God, I hope this grim contagion
          > Will not strike us all and rage on
          > And cover all 2k9's calendar
          > And grimly strike Wills Smith and Kallendar
          >
          > No, may we, genuinely have protection
          > And quickly beat this gross infection
          > And wear our face masks like girls wear burkhas
          > And hope these germs will not then "bug" us
          >
          > and chant some lusty dimoku
          > to help us beat this foul swine flu!
          > May this grim transgenic virus
          > Maybe - as a species - inspire us
          >
          > realize we have more in common
          > (sgi, shu, shoshu, honmon
          > whatever, even kempon hokke,
          > all sects who are cool and ok)
          >
          > than what divides us, therefore species!
          > don't get mired in shit that's specious!
          > cease your beefs and tired polemics
          > lets all join cause against pandemics!

          GREAT!!!!!!!! Such poetic talent on this board. I am posting under this one because I find it so hard to relate to a pristinely clean kitchen, but loved the poem Chris posted, too! CMC

          > --- In SokaGakkaiUnofficial@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher H. Holte" <chris_holte@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hola, colleagues,
          > > > Inspiration comes when it does (I am still waiting on the
          > > > version that has me diligently cleaning the kitchen) and
          > > > here was a new poem today. I wish I could just write them
          > > > out, like Chris and others do (thank you) but they
          > > > come out in columns.
          > > >

          > > Here's one for you:
          > >
          > > Inspiration
          > >
          > > Inspiration comes cleaning the kitchen.
          > > All the dishes washed and the counters wiped.
          > > All the little dust moles skurrying into chambers.
          > > Then the floors mopped and shined.
          > > From that clean start, much wisdom can be mined.
          > >
          > > Eating dinner on a clean plate, with clean hands,
          > > with clean people saying clean things
          > > and thinking clean thoughts,
          > > and building clean buildings,
          > > that tower over lovely grounds.
          > >
          > > All that dirt goes in my garden.
          > > In the house it's dirt,
          > > in the garden it's food.
          > >
          > > All that cleanliness is relative.
          > > Under a microscope we are habitats for microbes.
          > > We need those microbes to be healthy!
          > > But we don't need them swarming and poisoning us.
          > > So we clean.
          > >
          > > We need clean truths.
          > > What are clean truths?
          > > Sanitized of all negativity?
          > > No, if there is dirt on the table.
          > > Truth is the scrub-brush.
          > > If there is pain in the groin,
          > > Truth is a scalpel.
          > >
          > > Clean truths require us to wash the dishes:
          > > to carefully rinse and dry them;
          > > To clean the countertops, wash the floors;
          > > wash the laundry, not hide it;
          > > A clean house is an inviting house.
          > > A clean mind is a mind that is self disciplined.
          > >
          > > Chris

        • Brian Holly
          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2009
            --- In SokaGakkaiUnofficial@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher H. Holte" <chris_holte@...> wrote:

            > Hola, colleagues,
            > > Inspiration comes when it does (I am still waiting on the
            > > version that has me diligently cleaning the kitchen) and
            > > here was a new poem today. I wish I could just write them
            > > out, like Chris and others do (thank you) but they
            > > come out in columns.
            > >

            > Here's one for you:
            >
            > Inspiration
            >
            > Inspiration comes cleaning the kitchen.
            > All the dishes washed and the counters wiped.
            > All the little dust moles skurrying into chambers.
            > Then the floors mopped and shined.
            > From that clean start, much wisdom can be mined.
            >
            > Eating dinner on a clean plate, with clean hands,
            > with clean people saying clean things
            > and thinking clean thoughts,
            > and building clean buildings,
            > that tower over lovely grounds.
            >
            > All that dirt goes in my garden.
            > In the house it's dirt,
            > in the garden it's food.
            >
            > All that cleanliness is relative.
            > Under a microscope we are habitats for microbes.
            > We need those microbes to be healthy!
            > But we don't need them swarming and poisoning us.
            > So we clean.
            >
            > We need clean truths.
            > What are clean truths?
            > Sanitized of all negativity?
            > No, if there is dirt on the table.
            > Truth is the scrub-brush.
            > If there is pain in the groin,
            > Truth is a scalpel.
            >
            > Clean truths require us to wash the dishes:
            > to carefully rinse and dry them;
            > To clean the countertops, wash the floors;
            > wash the laundry, not hide it;
            > A clean house is an inviting house.
            > A clean mind is a mind that is self disciplined.
            >
            > Chris

            Just two points: 1. Keep that scalpel away from my groin.
            2. Uh, why would anyone want a clean mind?
          • Kathy Sain
            Message 5 of 8 , May 1, 2009
              > > Inspiration comes when it does (I am still waiting on the

              > > version that has me diligently cleaning the kitchen) and

              > > here was a new poem today. I wish I could just write them

              > > out, like Chris and others do (thank you) but they

              > > come out in columns.

              > Here's one for you:

              > Inspiration

              > Inspiration comes cleaning the kitchen.

              > All the dishes washed and the counters wiped.

              > All the little dust moles skurrying into chambers.

              > Then the floors mopped and shined.

              > From that clean start, much wisdom can be mined.

              > Eating dinner on a clean plate, with clean hands,

              > with clean people saying clean things

              > and thinking clean thoughts,

              > and building clean buildings,

              > that tower over lovely grounds.

              > All that dirt goes in my garden.

              > In the house it's dirt,

              > in the garden it's food.

              > All that cleanliness is relative.

              > Under a microscope we are habitats for microbes.

              > We need those microbes to be healthy!

              > But we don't need them swarming and poisoning us.

              > So we clean.

              > We need clean truths.

              > What are clean truths?

              > Sanitized of all negativity?

              > No, if there is dirt on the table.

              > Truth is the scrub-brush.

              > If there is pain in the groin,

              > Truth is a scalpel.

              > Clean truths require us to wash the dishes:

              > to carefully rinse and dry them;

              > To clean the countertops, wash the floors;

              > wash the laundry, not hide it;

              > A clean house is an inviting house.

              > A clean mind is a mind that is self disciplined.

              > Chris

              Brian: Just two points: 1. Keep that scalpel away from my groin.

              2. Uh, why would anyone want a clean mind? Kathy:  Good poems, gentlemen!!  Just so it's clear I have not been writing about your groins.  Rumor has it that they are great groins, though.  Possibly in a future poem.  As for clean minds, how about clean but not clean, as the occasion warrants?Groans,Kathy

              _,___

            • dreemn bear
              Message 6 of 8 , May 3, 2009
                "Brian Holly" wrote:

                >"Christopher H. Holte" wrote:
                > >
                > > Hola, colleagues,
                > > > Inspiration comes when it does (I am still waiting on the
                > > > version that has me diligently cleaning the kitchen) and
                > > > here was a new poem today. I wish I could just write them
                > > > out, like Chris and others do (thank you) but they
                > > > come out in columns.
                > > >

                > > Here's one for you:
                > >
                > > Inspiration
                > >
                > > Inspiration comes cleaning the kitchen.
                > > All the dishes washed and the counters wiped.
                > > All the little dust moles skurrying into chambers.
                > > Then the floors mopped and shined.
                > > From that clean start, much wisdom can be mined.
                > >
                > > Eating dinner on a clean plate, with clean hands,
                > > with clean people saying clean things
                > > and thinking clean thoughts,
                > > and building clean buildings,
                > > that tower over lovely grounds.
                > >
                > > All that dirt goes in my garden.
                > > In the house it's dirt,
                > > in the garden it's food.
                > >
                > > All that cleanliness is relative.
                > > Under a microscope we are habitats for microbes.
                > > We need those microbes to be healthy!
                > > But we don't need them swarming and poisoning us.
                > > So we clean.
                > >
                > > We need clean truths.
                > > What are clean truths?
                > > Sanitized of all negativity?
                > > No, if there is dirt on the table.
                > > Truth is the scrub-brush.
                > > If there is pain in the groin,
                > > Truth is a scalpel.
                > >
                > > Clean truths require us to wash the dishes:
                > > to carefully rinse and dry them;
                > > To clean the countertops, wash the floors;
                > > wash the laundry, not hide it;
                > > A clean house is an inviting house.
                > > A clean mind is a mind that is self disciplined.
                > >
                > > Chris
                > >
                > Just two points: 1. Keep that scalpel away from my groin.
                > 2. Uh, why would anyone want a clean mind?

                '''''''

                Water that is very pure contains no fish.

                Venerable
                Wu-Ming~