SGI members participate in London Pride Parade 2008

  • Robert Brown
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 1, 2008
      CALLING ALL SGI MEMBERS (please pass on this email to all those on your list) This Saturday 5 July 2008 members of SGI will be taking part in London Pride 2008. Please come alnog and show the diversity of SGI - straight, gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, transgender and whoever and wherever you are from.

      Thursday 3 July is also Mentor and Disciple Day:

      A Mentor is indispensible if we are to develop into people of outstanding character. Viewed on a deeper level, our relationship with our mentor can have an even greater significance for us than our relationship with our parents. In the mentor-disciple relationship, we can find the very essence for achieving victory in life. (from Buddhism Day by Day - Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda) Morning Gongyo and Daimoku: 9.30-10.00am Venue: Silvia Ferrari's, Macklin Street, Covent Garden (please email buddharob@... or telephone Robert on 07950 900516 for full address) We will then Silvia's at 11.00am to make our way to Baker Street where we will line up from 12.00pm for the start of the parade at 1.00pm. We will be walking behind a hand made 'BUDDHISM' banner and four 'nam myoho renge kyo' banners hand made by Alison from Birmingham and Shanti from London respectively. If you would like to come along, then please do. If you are coming along to Silvia's and are able to contribute on the day, then please bring along soft drinks and nibbles. Please wear something that has the colour of SGI (red, blue or yellow) and dress as you feel comfortable and is an expression of who you are - for example, I'll be wearing my black rubber trousers with a black and red t-shirt. We need to show the true diversity of SGI, so please pass thie email to all those on your mailing list who would like to come along and support.

      Please also chant to have a great victory in your life, remembering that this is an activity to not only show people the diversity of SGI and Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism but also as a way to introduce people to this wonderful Buddhism. URGENT SUPPORT: Although I have the banners, I still need support with getting together poles for the banners. If you can support in any way, then please contact me either via email (buddharob@...) or phone (07950 900516). Please remember that as we are still an unofficial group of SGI-UK, we receive no funding from Taplow Court - therefore we rely on the kindness of individuals to donate their time and resources. Without the poles etc for the banners, we will have nothing to walk behind and show who we are. Thanks for your assistance. Robert
    • Swampfox
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 7, 2008
        Thank you, Byrd! We really appreciate you having Rebecca in your thoughts!
        I know that it can happen and we are grateful to you and others like you who
        are helping.

        Swampfox...(:^Þ